Monday, July 18, 2011

Email: July 18th

I want to first say that I do not have the Influenza...but Im pretty sure my dear companion, Sister Loss, does. This past thursday we headed over to Grandpa Velichkos to visit him. Right after Sister Loss and I left, she began to get really sick. She was nauseous, light headed, dizzy, really hot and very miserable. We took the bus back home to our apt, *took us a good hour, Sister Loss' head was between her legs, bless her heart* and realized, we had no keys. AH. She wanted to die right there. Sister Speth had the keys and she was at english class in Mladost. An hour or so away. AHH. Lol. So ya...we had to travel for another hour to get to the mission home so she could lie down. It was a really miserable day for her. Shes still sick and now will be staying with the Roths in the mission home. Shes been running a constant fever of a 103. Shes starting to lose her hearing when her fever climbs. NOT a good sign. Sooooo ya.

Among all that craziness, we have had the ukrainian sisters with us. They came in last tuesday night for passport work. Low and behold, they STILL havent received their passports and have been staying with us in our stuffy, hot apt. We have no AC and its 100 here. Hooottt. They've been good champs and have been watching Sister Loss while Sister Speth and I have been going out and working. Its been kind of stressul for me. Ive been having to make the calls to all the bulgarians. Sometimes they dont understand my bulgarian and sometimes I cant understand what the heck they are saying to me. I feel like Im having to take the reigns as a senior companion or something. Sister Loss says its preping me for next transfer because Ill be the trainer over the new sister. I DO NOT WANT TO BE A TRAINER. Im still trying to figure out the language....its quite stressful.

The Ukrainian sisters love to tell us how great Ukraine is and compare big time. Im so annoyed. Thanks for taking care of my companion but please stop talking about my mission. Thanks. They have stricter rules over in Ukraine so theyve been pretty blown away this past week about how we do things here in Bulgaria. Im sure they whisper to each other that were apostate missionaries with no focus. Lol. Ah well.

Come to find out, Sister Speth has been writing in her moleskin about everything Sister Loss and I do or say. Its not nice things either. Loss found out and was uber mad. We had a huge companion inventory. 2 hours long. I dont feel anything has been resolved. But if things continue, we may have to have a companion inventory with President there. Threesomes can be hard. Theres always someone who feels left out one time or another. Its hard to keep a balance.

Anyways, Im still taking the mission, one day at a time. Its crazy to think that Im about to hit my 8 month mark. By the end of my transfer, I will have completed half of my mission! And right now, I still feel like a newbie with certain things...like...the language hehe. I also feel like theres still so much more I need to learn before I head home. Its so nuts. Some days it goes slow, other days its really fast.

Have a good week all and pray for me! Haha. I love you and miss you!

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment