Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Email: August 8th

Hey everyone!

Sorry I didnt write last week. It seems like some of you wrote my mom because you were so concerned lol. Sorry. I just didnt have time to type up a massive email. I had some things to attend to but Im doing just fine! I havent been kidnapped or anything lol. Im safe.

This week was pretty random. We found a less active this week named Anetta. She is definitely eccentric. Her hair is 3 different colors. She was wearing skull/skeleton jewlery and her eyes had no light in them. She started to cry when we asked her about how she felt when she was baptized and how she feels now. I know she wants to come back to church but shes been offended and according to the president in the ward she has gotten into some sketch stuff like....prostitution. Eeek. It would explain why she has no light in her eyes. I personally also think that shes been playing with some dark magic. Sister Loss agrees. She has a good heart though and I know she wants to come back. She agreed to keep seeing us and re-taking the lessons.

I havent been told that Im training yet because no one is sure if the greenies have their visas yet. BUT It seems like everyday the AP's are asking me how Im feeling and preparing for next transfer. As Im writing this Elder Myrick just asked me if President Roth called me. He also just asked me what city I want...oh boy. Im nervous but to be honest I think it would be pretty fun. Sister Speth keeps saying that she thinks my mom, Killian, will train again because "shes more experienced, she knows the language and training is for the trainee to learn, not the trainer". Oh my gosh. Can you talk about a slap in the face? Whatever. I will be the one laughing when Im called to be the new trainer. Sister Speth just doesnt want to think Id be picked over her since she is good with the language and what not. Ahem. Sorry...I just hate how people in the mission and even our investigators think Im inadequate. Ive had 2 of my investigators tell me that I cant speak bulgarian at all. Its very discouraging to hear that but I know who I am and I know what Im capable of. I can do this. They know nothing.

This weekend we are having a HUGE anniversary celebration in Plovdiv, my birth city, for the church being here for 20 years. Im way excited. A seventy will be there, all members in bulgaria will be there, people from the states have flown in and all kinds of missionaries who have served here have flown in to be at this. Im way psyched! We get to party it up in a hotel all weekend. Holla!

Im getting pretty burn out from streetboarding. I decided that the 3 of us needed to do something different. Sooooo! I came up with the idea to chalk the plan of salvation in the park on the concrete! That drew in a LOT of people and of course little kids. It was good to talk with people and let them know we are normal people and not just robots who stand by a board who want to talk about the gospel. We can have fun. I chalked it up, talked to some people and even got myself some corn on the cob at the park. It was a great evening in the park. I thoroughly enjoyed myself lol.

Soo ya....missionary work. Its crazy. NEXT WEEK I SHOULD KNOW IF IM TRAINING AND WHERE IM GOING. I think I might stay here in Sofia. Or I may go to the seaside and train there. It'll be an adventure. I love you all! Take care!

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment