Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Email: December 21st

Hey Everyone!!

I hope everyone is enjoying the christmas season and since I wont be able to wish everyone a Merry Christmas on Saturday..Merry Christmas now! :) It hasnt felt like Christmas at all here in the MTC. We sing lots of christmas hymns (Which I am so sick and tired of now lolol) but thats about it. ALTHOUGH! Brother Crowther, one of my teachers, lost a bet and had to bring in a small christmas tree and lights to decorate our room! ITS SO GLORY! I walked into class yesterday and saw the room decorated and I was like, "AHH! BROTHER CROWTHER! I WISH I COULD HUG YOU!! YOU ARE THE BOMB.COM" Hehehehe. I love it.

I want to thank my mom, my sister Hillary, my aunt Jodie, Cori Payne, Lana and Bryce for all sending me things in the mail! How thoughtful! I loved the cookies you sent me, Lana. I shared them with my class and they all enjoyed them :) Mom, Hillary and Bryce? I am saving your packages for saturday :D Cori and Jodie? Thank you for the money. I have been using it to buy essentials at the bookstore :)

Mom - I need the address for Home Depot and the Ward. I want to be able to update people! I also need a calling card so I can call you from the airport Feb 2nd! oooooo! :)

Ok! SO! Everyone..there is a thing called dearelder.com! GET ON IT!!! Dearelder.com allows you to make an account and write me a letter. The post office prints it off the same day you write it and then Ill have something to read the same exact day you wrote it. So..if you feel like saying hi..or just telling me to hang in there lol...get on there and hit me up. I think you need my mission info...which is BUL-SOF 0202. My dept date is Feb 2nd. I think thats all the info you need!

For all those who are writing me, I learned that the mail system in bulgaria is SKETCHY. The teachers told me that sending packages to bulgaria is fine. Every package has gotten there. HOWEVER, Letters dont always get to bulgaria. Many letters that were supposed to get to my teachers did not..so...After the last week of January? Email me. No more letters. I dont want to deal with losing letters and not know whats going on.

Whose the new ward chorister for the ward anyways? I cant believe whats going on with Donna Murray, mom. Ill keep her in my prayers. For sure.

So..Bulgarian is coming along. Yesterday was my first day where sentences with adjectives, possesives, definite articles and pluralization was actually coming together and making sense. Bulgarian is such a tough language but its coming....slowly lol.

Sister Speth and I had another TRC. (Go and teach a fake investigator). It went better this week. Even though I was real choppy with my bulgarian, the lesson itself went well! Our investigator, Ryan, told me at the beginning that he loved reading and was reading a series with 13 books. He told me he couldnt wait for the next one to come out..in a year. I knew exactly what series he was talking about...The Wheel of Time lol. So..later on in the lesson we talk about how the Book of Mormon compliments the Bible. I explained in an anagoly how The Wheel of Times series is much like The bible and the 14th book that hasnt come out yet is like the Book of Mormon. Without one book, the whole series is incomplete. you need the whole series to make it full :) I wasnt going to tell that analogy but it felt right and I knew it was a prompting from the spirit. It was real good. I made the investigators life tie into the scriptures, which is always nice for the investigator, it makes them understand better. Sister Speth thought it was awesome. After we got out, she was like, "THAT WAS SWEET!" Hahaha :)

In my personal study, Ive been reading the General Conference issue which is way good. Ive also been studying my scriptures a ton, along with finding topics that are in the Bible and expanding on them through the Book of Mormon. Its definitely nifty for skeptical investigators...even though I havent had any yet lol. Our teachers push us!

So funny story mom. The polish sisters in our dorm room love staring me down. They dont really say much..just stare me down. I told Sister Speth about it because it annoyed the crap out of me. Why do they stare? Do they have something to say to me? Sister Speth looks at me and says, "Maybe they are just jealous of you Sister Kinkead...or maybe they think you are beautiful so they just stare at you...*shrugs*" HAHA! I was like, "Oh my gosh..that is something my mom would say!!!" Hehehe. I love it.

Angela - Another funny story for you. Yesterday at lunch, I begant to quote from "Reject Cartoons". I started off by saying, "Everybody DANCE!" And then the whole table, with another table started quoting, "Its tuesday, did you bring your coat?" and "I am a BANANA!" HAHAHAHA!! It REALLY made my day. I know that it made yours too hehehehe.

Fun fact about Bulgaria - They dont pasturize their milk as much as we do. Also, they dont store it in refrigerators. They zap it with radiation and put it on a shelf...in a bag. What the heck?! Hahaha Its so different...hopefully I'll like the milk!

Hmm...anything else? I cant think of anything. The days are going by a lot faster. Im studying as hard as I can but Im still having so much fun while I do it. At times, I get annoyed out of my mind with my companion but I just shrug it off and know that its just Satan trying to get to me.

I hope you are ALL doing well! I love you all and I miss you!! Have a Merry Christmas and remember, Christmas is about Christ...not presents :P

Sister Kinkead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment