Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Email: December 27th

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the letters, emails and dear elders I have received! I thoroughly enjoy mail :) Thanks Mom, Jaye, Cy and Ange for all writing me a small email to me :) I was wondering where my siblings had gone! hehehe :P.

Angela - why do you need to use my ipod account? Why can't you use yours? Plus, dont steal my music...it will authorize your ipod and de-authorize mine, which means, I wont have the music. Make your own account? Its really easy.

ANYWAYS! Christmas was really good. On Christmas eve, all of us sisters in the dorm room sat around and told each other one of our favorite stories of Jesus Christ. It was Sister Pantigoso's turn and instead of telling us about her favorite Jesus Christ story she begins to go around the circle telling each of us which Christ-Like attribute we have. She got to me and said, "Sister Kinkead has the attribute of love. She tells everyone that she loves them and if she doesn't, you can see it through her actions." That made me really happy. This past week has been really hard and stressful for me. More tears, more doubts and lots of negative thoughts but hearing that from one of my fellow sisters? It really helped. Afterwards, Sister Pantigoso told me to look under my pillow and I found a letter all 5 sisters had written and signed. They each told me how much I meant to them and to keep holding strong. They even gave me a candy bar :) It was SO sweet. They know how hard its been at times for me and by sharing their love like that brought tears to my eyes. Sisters look out for Sisters. :)

Christmas day started out real well. All 6 of us sisters sat in our room and opened up our gifts around our tiny tree hehehe. Thanks mom for your package :P. Thanks Hillary for the Calendar and socks! LOVE IT! I cant wait to use it :) Thanks Bryce for all the stuff you got me. Hehehehe. Thanks Derek for the 8 lbs of candy you sent me hahah! Heather, thanks for sending me the things I needed! I also loved the letter. I read it to my companion lol. All the gifts were GOOD! Later on in the day we sat for 7 hours in Devotionals and firesides :|. I slept through a ton of it too :/ Its hard! Youre tired as a missionary! Russel M. Nelson came to talk during one of the devotionals. It was......ok. I sat and counted how many people were sleeping during it hahaha, I am horrible! But seriously...it wasn't that good of a talk. I asked the sisters how they liked it and they all said nothing because they didn't want to be negative lol. On sunday we had relief society and Sherry Do (sp?) was there. I got to hug her! Bwhaha!

Sister Speth and I had another teaching appointment. It went AWESOME!!! We get better and better each week! Her and I were teaching the Plan of Salvation and I definitely felt the spirit. I almost cried bearing my testimony of the atonement and of Jesus Christ. Our investigator was our teacher this past week and he even said he was impressed! Job well done!

Guess what? I got sick AGAIN this past week. Its probably due to stress. No lie. I finally got fed up with coughing non-stop during the night and during the day so I had Elder Law give me a blessing. He told me I was the second person he gave a blessing too. Awww hehe. And guess what? The next day the coughing was gone and Im better! Thank goodness. I love the elders in our district. They are seriously like my little brothers. I love them a lot. Elder Law especially reminds me of Cy. He was real athletic in High school - played Lacrosse. Hes a good boy :)

I finally gained 3 lbs in the MTC! w00t!

The language still comes as a struggle but its coming slowly. I get real fed up sometimes and think about how great it would be just to go home but I know it will be worht it in the end. A mission is hard. A mental rollercoaster. For anyone who is reading this and who is planning to serve a mission, start preparing NOW. You will be grateful you had.

If you're not LDS and want to know more about the church? check out mormon.org :)

Well everyone, I think thats about it for me! I hope you all are doing well and I miss you!!

Lots of love,

CECTPA Kinkead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment