Monday, October 3, 2011

Email: September 26th

Hey everyone,
>
> The transfer is winding down to a close and by next week I will know
> where Im going and who I'll be serving with. To be honest, Im looking
> forward to the next transfer. I need something new. I feel Im getting
> kind of burnt out hehe. I love Loss though its been really good.
>
> This week has been really weird. From awkward long visits to men
> trying to buy Loss and I a beer. Missionary work - Ahhh, its awkward
> sometimes lol. I often pose the question, "How did I get myself in
> this position with these people?" Lol. For instance, Loss and I went
> over to a members home this past week. We met with the members mom who
> was visiting from another city. The member wasnt home but we went over
> anyway and met with her mother. The mother was very nice but she
> showed no emotion or interest in our message. There were a ton of
> distractions - phone ringing, tv on, people coming in and out of the
> apartment, etc etc. The mother even got up during our prayer to get
> the door. Uhhhh lol. The lesson was all right but I wasnt really
> feeling it. After we finished, the mother asked us if we were gonna
> wait for her daughter, the member, to get home. We had already been
> there for an hour and a half chatting and going over the 2nd lesson
> but we said sure. We ended up waiting another hour and sitting there
> in awkward silence/semi-convo situation. I felt like I was on a date
> that went wrong. Youre sitting at the dinner table with your date and
> youre not sure what to ask or say and it goes awkward. Yaaaa... lol.
> The member finally came home and chatted with us for a bit but then
> just kind of did her own thing while we stayed at the kitchen table
> just like, "What now?" We got up and told them we needed to leave. It
> was AWKWARD and it was WAY too long. Hopefully her mom has interest
> though...lol.
>
> The next day we met the man who said I looked french. He wanted to
> take Loss and I out on a play date with his wife, kids and a family
> friend. We went to the park, chatted, went to lunch and then just
> lounged and talked some. The family friend, Daisy, a single mother who
> is struggling to raise her daughter got mad at Loss and I for being
> american. Miro, the man who we were there for, asked us how we liked
> Bulgaria. We both responded with, "We love it! Its a beautiful
> country!" Daisy, the family friend then says, "Its beautiful because
> you have a WONDERFUL country to go back too! You get to LEAVE this
> filthy place! You have hope and a future waiting for you! Bulgaria is
> beautiful to you because you WILL LEAVE THIS PLACE! Look at my
> daughter! Look at her! Shes 6 and she doesnt believe in God and she
> has NO future here! NONE! I feel so sorry for her, I do but what can I
> do?? You come here to bulgaria for a short time and to have fun but
> you will go back and leave us poor people here and continue on!" Loss'
> face was in shock and I just stood there with my eyes wide, thinking,
> "What the heck do I say? Shes right." Even though she said that, I
> targeted Daisy to talk to because I could feel that shes hurting right
> now. I made sure to talk to her a lot and get to know her. She really
> opened up during the visit and I knew she was grateful to have some
> positive company. Miro doesnt really have interest to learn the
> lessons but thats ok. I dont really want to meet with him anyway. The
> whole situation is a lot of sketchness and it would take awhile to
> explain and I dont have time soooo ya. Anyway, we ended up being with
> them for 4 hours. Oh my. We just could never escape. Another weird and
> long visit.
>
> We havent seen Emille this whole week. Hes been busy working but he
> said he would call us when he would be available. Still no sign of him
> yet. He better call or Im gonna call him and see what the heck is up
> lol.
>
> Saturday in the evening, Loss and I were streetboarding in the park.
> This man walks up to Loss and starts yelling at her in tongues and
> crossing himself. It looked like he was hexxing us or something. He
> then comes up to me, which, Im right beside the streetboard, and
> begins to yell at me and hex me. He then KICKS our board over and
> continues to yell in my face. Now, usually, Sister Kinkead always
> keeps her cool but for some reason I just couldnt handle someone
> destroying MY property, I turned to him and said, "какво правиш?!"
> Which is informal form for, "What are you doing?!" He then continued
> to yell at me and I said, "СПРИ!" Which means, "STOP!" Loss was afraid
> for me, that I would get punched in the face but I wasnt scared of
> this loon and I didnt appreciate his attitude and violence towards us.
> Ugh. So many people who hate us.
>
> The weirdness continues but I'll save ya from reading it all lol.
>
> We met with Mario this past sunday. We worked with him a lot this past
> transfer but we decided he was good to go on his own and continue to
> grow in the church. Well..Mario hasnt been at church in the past 2
> weeks and people were asking us where he was. We decided to give him a
> call and see what was up. Mario was baptized last december and is
> finally learning the lesson that all members arent nice and some can
> really offend you. Hes going through that all right now. We listend
> for a good while and then talked it out with him, bore testimony and
> told him that we were always there for him. He had a change in his
> face after our lesson and I could tell it was for the better. He asked
> to start meeting with us again and Im totally down for that. Mario is
> a strong member, satan is just working on him right now. I wanted to
> hug him but..you know lol.
>
> *Sighs* Well, thats good for now. I love you all and miss you! Youre
> in my prayers.
>
> -Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment