Friday, September 23, 2011

Email: September 20th

I love you all, just want to say! *Waves*

I miss you all very much but Im busy here over in Bulgaria! The work is GOING! Става бе!! Its a good feeling, for sure.

Sister Loss and I tried meeting with the old 86 yr old ballerina grandma at the park. She didnt show up for our appointment. I think she just forgot. Daaaaaaanggg itttt. Ah well. I look for her when I am in the park surveying and contacting. Hopefully we'll bump into her again.

Exciting news though!! Remember how I told you all about that cool Chess guy named Emille that we met last week?? We met with him THREE TIMES this week! He is SOOOO legit. Ive been learning more and more about him and he fascinates me. Sister Loss and I feel very connected with him. I feel like I have a special connection with him. He really likes our company and I know our lessons are touching his heart. The first two times we met with him at the church he would sit down at the table and hurry to get his chess board out, make us check mate him and then teach us something about life but the last lesson we taught him he sat, listened and disgested it. I feel the spirit so strong when I teach Emille probably because we speak in english. Its so strong that I begin to cry when I testify of the principals we teach him. Whenever he feels the spirit too much he goes right back to the chess board and wants us to play. It can be annoying but hes really changing, fast. He wants to learn. I know hes searching and I can be bold with him, I feel it in my bones. After our second lesson, he asked Loss and I to go out to get some pizza. We had to decline because we had english over on the other side of Sofia. Traveling takes awhile you know. He seemed sad but ok. I know hes a lonely man. He told us that he doesnt think of us as Sisters but as his Daughters. I definetly see him as my bulgarian father. He is a very smart. We got to talking to him about his life. I love asking questions so of course Im asking him about his marriage, his son, his work, his therapy, etc etc. He told me that he works part time for a mental health center HE founded. He works for himself which is very nice. Hes not in it for the money but to help and love others. Hes a philosopher, a psychiatrist and a man who is searching for the truth. His wife has nothing to do with him and his son is the same. Our last lesson he asked Loss and I why we'll play chess with him but his son wont play chess with him. Poor Emille. I have some feelings and thoughts about why his divorce happened. I know Emille is a thinker and sometimes his thoughts can run away with himself..lol. But I think some other things happened as well....yaaa. Anyway, I love the guy. I was asking him about the therapy his center gives. Its all social therapy. I asked him if he could hypnotize someone because he told me thats a kind of therapy in the psychotherapy world. He told me he doesnt like imposing in on someone elses mind when they have no control over it. He says its unethical. I asked him how to hypnotize someone but he danced around it and wouldnt tell me lol..probably a good thing. I told him that I went to a hypnotist show and it was really cool. He scrunched up his face and said, "Why did you like it?" I respond with, "Its cool! entertainment!" He then said, "Ya...entertainment in all the wrong ways." Ahhhhhh Emille. Hes a wise old one. I feel like Im in a movie with him. Hes a master at chess so he teaches us how to play while Loss and I teach the gospel to him and slowly were taking his too logical of a mind and showing him how the gospel works in our loves and the blessing of it. I LOVE TEACHING EMILLE. I told him that when I return home we will have to stay in touch with Skype. He said he would only get Skype once I was at home. Hes not getting it right now lol. Oh Emille! lol. Hes a very smart guy. Ive never had a psychiatrist as a friend and I love it lol. Pray for him, please?

Hmm what else? We had Zone Conference yesterday. Thats why I didnt write yesterday. It was really good. I heard a lot of things I needed to hear. For example - Building our foundation aka Testimony, on a FIRM, STRONG, foundation and not just slabbing something on there and hoping that itll become something. Really really good talk. There are 6 pillars to our foundation and we need to make them strong. I dont have time to write them all out but it was definitely good to hear. I need to work on strengthening my pillars so I have a firm building that never flows away when the storm beats upon it.

So crazy story for you all, especially for my family and especially for Hillary, Jordan, Lily and now Lil 'Ob. After church on sunday Loss and I sat in the church kitchen taking our lunch hour, eating our lunch. All of the sudden it seemed like my intuition just turned on. I knew something was going on. I just knew it. Ive had these feelings happen a lot on my mission. All of the sudden I get this feeling in my stomach and I just know something bad or good is happening with someone back home. I had this feeling around 1:15 pm on sunday. I wasnt sure what was going on but if we think about it...what time was it in Ohio? 6:15 am. 15 minutes before my new little nephew was born! The crazy thing is is that I thought of my little nephew being born and I knew the feeling wasnt because something BAD was happening so I put it at rest. Crazy huh?

The gospel is true! Christ lives and the Lord loves us so much! He never leaves us alone even if it seems like he does. He just wants wants whats best for us and sometimes he lets us struggle for awhile so we can find our way by faith. Stay strong everyone! I love this experience and I am ever so grateful for it. Много благодарна съм за евангелието във живота ми.

Have a good week all!

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment