Saturday, January 14, 2012

Email: January 9th

Hey everybody,

This week went by slow...yet again due to not being able to find legit investigators. Its soo annoying sometimes. Pantigoso and I have been making sure that we are finding each day and weve been tryinnnngg to get peoples numbers but no one is giving us a chance. As of right now we only have 2 legit and progressing investigators. That would be Christo and Fabio. Christo is progressing fast. Weve been meeting with him since last transfer but he hasnt come to church at all. Panti and I decided to give a lesson about faith and how we build our own and develope testimonies of our own. We stressed that reading the scriptures was important as well as going to CHURCH. He loved the lesson and guess what? He came to church! Hes SO open and I just love it. FINALLY. Someone who wants to LEARN. Haha. He is progressing pretty fast this transfer and I feel good about him. I think by next week we'll be able to sit down and talk about baptism with him. Hes really funny though, everytime he comes to the church for a lesson he gives me and panti a big hug lol. Fabio is doing really well. Can I just tell you that Fabio is so talented? He is a choreographer in Spain, hes a cosmetoligist, an artist and a singer. Hes soooo funny. Weve been meeting with him a lot and everytime we get together its hard to start a lesson because were laughing so much and chatting it up. Fabio has a really good heart, he struggles with multiple things such as the law of chastity and the word of wisdom but he really wants to change his life and give it over to the Lord. We covered the word of wisdom this past week and the next big thing to hit is the law of chastity...Panti is quite scared of teaching him about that because he may get up and leave due to his lifestyle but Im not afraid. Im ready to do this. The gospel is the gospel, right? Fabio and I were sitting in church yesterday and he just sat there zoning out while we all sang in bulgarian. I noticed that there was a english hymnbook on the piano so I grabbed it, flipped to the english song and we began to sing the same song together in english. I havent sung in english in church in over a YEAR. It was sooo cool and I know Fabio really liked being included in the singing. I believe music is where you feel the spirit most strongly. After church Fabio asked me. "You have such a beautiful voice, why do you sing softly??? You need to sing loud! You have the voice!" Lol. Fabio would know, I suppose. He is the singing teacher. I love the kid. Im going to miss him when he heads back to Spain and continues on with his work there. Ill definitely have to skype with him after the mission.

So last night I had a wonderful conversation with this little boy named ценко - Sinko. Panti and I decided to go streetboarding for an hour last night and she found this old grandma with her grandson Sinko. Panti was talking it up with this lady and I decided to make small talk with this little boy. The funny thing and surprising thing is that he continuted to talk to me and ask questions even after we did the whole, "Hi, how are you? whats your name?" I asked him how old he was - 12 and then he asked me how old I was. He asked me if I had a boyfriend and I told him no. I asked him if he had a girlfriend - he does. LOL. Hes 12! But kids start young here. He asked me. "Why dont you have a boyfriend?" I told him that I didnt want one..I had one but things were just complicated. He looks away in thought and then turns back to me and asks "What kind of problems?" I sort of talked to him about it and then he says to me. "Dont worry, youll find someone better, more handsome and really rich. You just need to find one!! You should find now.." By this point Im just like..wow this is a cool kid. Hes actually holding a decent conversation with me and sincerely interested in what Im saying instead of his little 12 yr old toys. He told me his thoughts on God and how hes been to a lot of churches but how "none of them really speak of God" I thought to myself. holy crap! This is the next joseph smith! Lol. Panti got his grandmas number and we'll be meeting with them soon. Im really excited. They have a lot of potential, I think.

This is random but one of the elders investigators told me that when I smile my eyes are laughing. I liked that lol....thats good, ya?

We continue to have no snow in Varna. Im loving it. I want to get by snow as best as I can as a missionary here in Bulgaria. Its no fun when you are trudging in the snow trying to find less actives. Bah. Some days I really wonder what its like to have a car as a missionary. Those missionaries are spoiled!! Thats all I have to say on that note lol.

Well, have a good week all. I love you

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment