Sunday, January 29, 2012

Email: January 16th

Hey everybody,
This week was a good week, I felt the love from the Lord, from loved ones and
from friends a lot this week. I received some mail this week from Sofia. I
received a letter from my Aunt Jody, Thank you Aunt Jody!! I received a letter
from my ward back home, with everyones signatures and little messages. It made
me feel good that I was still remembered back home by people I havent heard
from in 14 months. I received a letter from the Stake Presidency which was nice
and then I received a letter that was written, " S. Kinkeit" It was
from a bulgarian. I opened the letter and to my surprise it was from Nikolai
and his son Efgeni in Veliko Turnovo! They wrote me a little letter wishing me
a happy birthday. It filled my heart!!! I dont know if any of you remember who
Nikolai and Efgeni are but they are members in Veliko that I worked with back
in April-May of last year!!! Ive called Efgeni a couple of times since then. I
really worry about him because him and his dad, Nikolai are the only members in
that city and Efgeni is this 18 yr old boy. I dont want him to lose the path.
Ive been trying and trying to call them but I cant seem to get ahold of him.
Its annoying haha. Anyway, it just really touched my heart. When I think of
Nikolai and his son Efgeni I am filled with love for them and it makes me get
teary-eyed. They are precious precious spirits to me and I am so glad that I
met them and that I made some kind of impact on them for them to write me a
christmas card after 8 months of not seeing or really hearing from them. I
loved it. A tender mercy for sure.
This week Sister Pantigoso and I had an opportunity to go out with a few people
for lunch and talk about the gospel. One of them being a man named Giro. Hes
32, single and from Armania. Hes in my english class and hes a very very cool
guy. He says he envies the missionaries for their happiness and their
knowledge. I told him he could be happy to if he would just let his guard down.
He told me that he couldnt. I looked at him and told him, "Giro, you can.
Im your friend, I know you and I see something in you. Please let me and Sister
Pantigoso teach you a little bit about how we CAN be happy in this life."
He agreed to so we now have a NEW investigator. We went out to lunch with him
after english and really discussed the gospel. He had really good questions and
I know he wants what we have. Im excited to teach him. He told us that he might
be moving to Denmark for work and he wanted the missionaries information so I
already hooked him up with the info. Hes so sick! Love him. Another tender
mercy.
Speaking of people traveling to different counties, DIANA, our investigator who
got baptized last transfer and who moved to spain is BACK in Bulgaria!!!! Shes
back on break for 2 months or so and Im excited to teach her again! I saw her
come into church late and after sacrament I ran up to her and just hugged her.
She began to cry and it was just epic. Im so glad shes back! She looks really
good :D Tender mercy number 3?
Sister Pantigoso and I were streetboarding the other day when a man by the name
of "Asin" came up to me. He began speaking to me in bulgarian and
then switched to english and says to me, "im from the evangelical
church... my preacher tells me this book *Book of Mormon* is another
lie..." I look at him and say, "And what do you think?" He
looked at me and didnt really know what to say. I bore testimony to Moronis
dream and how we can know for OURSELVES if the Book of mormon is true or not.
He was a very nice fellow. We talked for another 20 minutes in english and I
was really able to express myself and let my spirit shine. He wouldnt give me
his number but I gave him my information and a little pamphlet on the Book of
Mormon. Afterwards I was very pumped....and I realized how merciful the Lord is
towards me. Somehow I always find people who can speak english and I can
testify to them freely. Tender mercy number FOUR.
I had an interesting experience this week. I was left alone for 4 hours by
myself lol. Pantigoso had to do an english exam for BYU since english isnt her
native language. We took her over to the testing center but they had no room
for me so I had to travel back to the church alone and sit alone for 4
hours...it was so weird. I felt so paranoid lol. I havent been alone for
awhile....I think I may be weird when I get home...lol.
Anyways...thats it for me for now. Thank you all for your letters. love and
emails! I love you!!
-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment