Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Email: March 12th


Yo yo yo!

Things here are starting to pick up here in Blagoevgrad! Sister Tate and I tracted into this 17 yr old girl who let us in. We gave her a book of mormon and talked a little bit about it. She let us come back and she had already read from the introduction to the second chapter of Nephi! Wow, that never happens lol. She told us that she believes the words are true and then looked at us and said, "They are true, right??" Lol. The lesson was kind of everywhere because we were answering her questions and talking about all kinds of gospel principles but it was really good. We will be meeting with her again this week.

Sister Tate and I have been trying to visit teach all the sisters in our branch. Its been successful so far and its been good to get to know all of them. I havent really focused too much on member work here in bulgaria as a missionary but I feel that this branch needs it. We have the Relief Society Birthday party coming up this saturday. Sister Roth told me about all that needs to happen at this party. Sister Tate and I went to go talk to the RS president about it. We wanted to get a game plan of what would go on. She was very short with us and didnt seem interested in doing anything. She asked us what we were going to do for the service project. Haha.... yaaa. She drilled us of how much money it was going to cost the branch. Im thinking, "It doesnt matter...we just want this to be good!" In the end..Sister Tate and I decided we would take this matter into our own hands and plan and do everything. I dont want the stress of trying to work with someone who doesnt want to...even though its her calling. Sometimes Bulgarians just want the missionaries to do everything. Bah. I really feel this experience is preparing me for future callings and future laziness of members. Hmmm.

In other news, I gave a talk on sunday. My talk was on enduring to the end. I was kiiind of nervous about it. It was only 7 minutes long and the first speaker got up, spoke and sat down and gave me 30 minutes to work with. Hah... lol. I tried to improvise by adding more to my speech while I was up there. It went really well though :). One of the members, Tawnya, told me that I did a great job and that she could understand everything I was saying. She said that the holy ghost told her what I said was true and she could feel the emotion. That made me feel REALLY good. Finally! Someone compliments me instead of insulting me and my bulgarian lol.

I got myself a "Book of Mormon: Seminary Student Manual" from the mission home garage. Ive been studying that as I read my book of mormon. LOVE IT. I cant wait to get home and really get into some institute classes and get ahold of some more study manuals of the Book of mormon. So much to study! I feel like I still havent made a dent into my knowledge of the scriptures. They are a wonderful thing!

Anyways... thats about it! Zone Conference will be rolling around again already next week and Im looking forward for that! Party in Sofia, baby! Haha.

I love you all. Stay safe! I'll be home soon!

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment