Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Email: March 5th

Dear all,

This week wasnt too productive. Sister Tate and I had to travel many
times to Sofia. Passport work and a baptism to attend to. We attempted
to meet with some people we had contacted on the street but only ONE
showed. So...we only had 1 lesson this week. Ouch. I have faith things
will look up though. In due time...in due time. We met with a
less-active and her mom on sunday and read some parts out of
Uchtdorf's "Forget me not" talk. We made them a little hand out with a

forget me not flower that we made and I think they both really felt
our love for them. Tate and I feel that we are here in blago to really
strengthen the branch and the women. Our goal is to see every woman on
our branch directory and make sure they know that we love them. They
need it.

On friday, the elders, Tate and I went over to this orphanage filled
with gypsy kids. The deal is that their parents put them there because
they are too poor to raise them and then when they want to see thei
kid they can come in and visit. Its sad when one parent comes for one
kid but some of the parents never come for others. All the little ones
were all over me. Three of them wouldnt stop grabbing for me. They all
wanted me to hold them. One 2 yr old, Mario, he was constantly in my
arms and if I put him down he would hold onto my jeans and say,
"Mamo...Mamoooo" which means.."Mooom, Mooom" Lol! It was tooooo cute.
So of course I would pick him up and hold him in my arms. Im looking
forward to going back there this friday.

We had a branch party on saturday. We ate nasty bulgarian food and
played some games. Even though it wasnt too thrilling, it was good to
see that the members were really enjoying themselves.

The baptism I went to up in Sofia was a lady that sister Tate was
working with. I invited my friend Tedi who I used to teach english to
when I was in Sofia. She came and it was really good to see her. We
havent seen each other in 6 months so it was good to hug and talk.
Shes one of those bulgarians who I stay in touch with over the phone.
Shes not looking forward for the day I have to return back to the
states haha. I love Tedi.

Its been getting pretty warm here and the sun is shining. Tate and I
want to take our bikes *Ya..we have bikes :D* and bike up on the trail
towards the mountains. Its soooo pretty.

Anyway, Im still expecting someone to send me Peanut BUTTER M&Ms...just saying.

I love you all, keep it real.

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment