Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Email: February 15th

*Note: this is Briana's first email from Bulgaria, her first email got lost and hopefully I'll be getting it soon*

Sorry about last week. I wrote a huge email but it didnt go through? I dont understand. Anyway, I sent it again to you mom through my other email address so hopefully you will get it this time and you will be able to forward it out. I am so sorry I made you worry and stress out mom lol. I am fine :)

So after you read and understand where Im at and all my little adventures check out what happened THIS past week.

This week Sister Killian and I worked pretty hard. We had 60 successful approaches and 5 receives and guess what? WE BEAT THE SISTER RECORD for the ENTIRE mission for successful approaches. TRUE STORY! We are AWESOME lol. We are upping our game this week and we're hoping that we'll have lessons soon. Tracting in Bulgaria is hard but its what I love most. I've memorized my book of mormon approach for tracting doors. Im pretty proud that Im making strides here in Bulgaria. I try and smile at everyone I see even though 90% of them never smile back lol. I also try to remember that these people are Children of God and he loves them as much as he loves me. Sometimes its hard to believe..hehe Im horrible. Wanna know something funny? This country has an official "Nap Time" lol. Its from 2pm-4pm. During those hours, Sis Killian and I cant tract so we have lunch, language study and prepare to head out to tract at night. I wish I could nap lol...I also wish America had an official nap time...but I would probably go over the 2 hour mark..lolol.

Ive come to notice that the only nice people here in Bulgaria are the muslims. Sister Killian and I were invited to this muslim home. Two turkish boys who gave us literally fresh squeezed orange juice with crackers. They offered to make us dinner but we said no hehe. They were very nice and we talked about the similarities between muslims and mormons. They said they would come to our english classes because they want to perfect their english so we will see if they really show up.

Random fact: Did you know that in Bulgaria they have scented AND colored toilet paper? Right now we have peach scent...hehehehe. Lol. Oh bulgaria.

Yesterday was Valentines day. It was a blah day. Not much success at all. Sister Killian and I decided to go out to eat to celebrate an early birthday for her. It was a legit place and the food was glory. The best part about it was that the waiter brought both of us each a yellow flower for valentines day. Awwwwwwww. It was nice!

Tomorrow we have Zone conference here in Plovdiv so all the elders and sisters from the zone are coming in. I am so excited! We are all going to go out bowling today for Sister Killians birthday! EXCITING! its nice to come together and hang out with each other. I am excited to see Sister Speth and Elder Law!!

I went to the Ampitheatre here last p-day that the romans built!! It was awesome. I got lots of pics. WHICH, by the way, Elder Jones was a sweetheart and gave me his card reader so I can upload pics and send them to you all!! Yay! So be looking for some pics :)

Hmm what else. OH YA! Sister Killian and I were waiting at the bus stop the other night waiting to go home. A big group of about ten 15-17 yr old boys came up to us and surrounded us. They contintually cussed us out for about 10 minutes. Each of them were laughing and snickering. I smiled lol. I thought it was funny. Sister Killian got annoyed and was tempted to yell something at them in english but she refrained. Good job Sis K lol. Bulgarians are crazy people.

Hmm ok mom, so I have a list of things I would like to have here in Bulgaria..

-Brownie mix
-Cookie mix
-Taco seasoning
-Kool-aid packs
-Crest toothpaste
-Uh....womanly things...if you get my drift. They sell like, 6, in a package and expect you to pay like 6 lev for it! I dont think so.

I think thats about it for now. Anyway, I need to email President Roth! I love you all and I miss you!!!!

Once again, sorry mom for all the worry and stress I put you through, I love you!! :)

-CECTPA KHNKEND

No comments:

Post a Comment