Monday, February 28, 2011

Email: February 28th

Zdraveyte Fsichke!

Hows it going?! I LOVE being able to get on the internet and check all the emails I have. Its so fun. People ARE reading my emails and they DO care about me. Who knew? Lol. Im playing.

SO! Whats going on in Sister Kinkeads life?! Well..lets see....

Sister Killian has been sick this past week. We went over to Cnejas house to read to her from the book of mormon. She is blind. Her 3 grandkids were there and they were crawling all over Sister K. They were hacking and coughing and wiping their mouths and nose on their shirt. Ugh. Poor Sister Killian. Luckily and fortunately, Im fine lol. I am not sick at all. Shabam.

Its been snowing and freaking cold here in Plovdiv so we havent been able to streetboard at all. We have reverted to tracting everyday but I dont mind, I love tracting. We had a lot of success this week. We did Plan of Salvation approaches and bore our testimony about it. You could see suspicion mixed with intrigue in the bulgarians eyes. I liked it. Whenever we do the Book of Mormon approach they always come up with an excuse of either 1) Im sick and I cant talk 2) I have a baby I have to take care of 3) I have all the answers, I know everything or 4) No. You are a sect!
Hahaha. Ah geeze. Gotta love it.

Sister Killian and I are being taught by a blind english teacher named Rose-eats-uh? lol. She is teaching us Bulgarian. She is awesome. She makes us roleplay and works with us in grammar, which Im thankful for. I need all the help I can get. We went over last week for our first lesson and it felt like I was right back in the MTC feeling discouraged. Bulgarian is hard and it really pushes you into humility lol. I felt good about the lesson but it was also a reality check of where I need to be and how far I have to go still. I vented to Sister Killian that night about it and she was really good to me. She gave me words of comfort and related her greenie transfer to mine. Sister Killian is so awesome. We laugh so much and she really knows how to make me feel better. Last night after we had called in, we sat on her bed and giggled about stupid stuff. Girl talk before bed. It was so fun. We already made a pact that we will never forget about each other and that we will definitely hang out after the mission :) Friends for life! haha.

Bryce gave me an instrumental Coldplay CD for christmas. I finally got my hands on a cd player here in Bulgaria!! Portable cd players here in Bulgaria dont exist, I dont know why. Only stereo cd players exist and they cost from 90 to 120 lev. HAH. So! Sister Killian and I snatched the stereo from the primary room and brought it home with us. I tried out my coldplay cd and LOVED IT. AHHHH COLDPLAY! I missss them. I am so grateful for Bryce sending me that cd. Man, that boy knows how to put a smile on my face, seriously lol. Thanks Bryce :)

I have really felt the love of my Heavenly Father this past week. Sister Killian and I have really bonded and that has really invited the spirit in. We have had heart felt companionship studies and we have really grown close. Its amazing the love that Heavenly Father has for each one of us. He only wants us to be happy and he knows whats best for his children. He is a God of order. Sometimes I sit back in personal study and shake my head. Oh Heavenly Father, I am but a child and you just know everything and how its all going to work out hehe. I love my Heavenly Father!

This past week Elder Myrick let me teach the entire english lesson to our students. It was SO FUN! I taught them family words and drew a family tree and would ask them who people were in bulgarian and they would have to respond in english. Myrick said I did a great job :D My english students are so patient with me. I love them. Im looking forward to thursday! I am going to teach them hobbies and interests. They are going to tell me what they like to do :)

We had movie night this past saturday. We invited investigators and everyone in the branch. We watched the entire Joseph Smith movie. The spirit was so strong in the room. It was definitely a reassurance as to why I am here in Bulgaria. I am here to teach people about the gospel and how it can make us so HAPPY in life! It was awesome. I felt bad for the people in the branch though. The entire movie was in english and the subtitles were so small but everyone stayed and watched.

Ok, so thats my week in a nutshell. I have one funny comment to end this email. Sister Killian and I drew a cartoon rollercoaster with 2 people in the car. One with its hands up and the other is saying, 'Can you please let met OFF?! I need to throw up!' Hhahahahaha. That is the mission in a nutshell. You just love it at times and other times you just need to be let off so you can breathe...or throw up..hahahaha. I love it.

Have a good week all. God Bless you! I love you!

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment