Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Email: May 17th

Hey all,

This past week did not start off on a very good note. I went up to Sofia and had a horrible time. I had to go up for passport work and stay the night. Low and behold, Sister Kinkead forgets her passport. Hah. Shows you where my head is at these days. Seriously. I was not happy about that. I then went out to dinner with all the Elders and Sisters in Sofia. It was horrible. Just so you know, I hate sisters who worship the elders. 19 yr old boys are not prophets. I think some of the sisters believe that whatever comes out of their mouth is scripture. Give me a break. Anyways after that, I stayed the night at my parents house aka the Mission home. It felt like I was staying the night with my parents lol. Mama Roth and Daddy Roth. Love em. They are my parents. The next morning I was really struggling with some things on my mind. My companionship, my testimony, my experience here in Bulgaria etc etc. I was sitting on the couch in the mission home just praying that Heavenly Father would just give me a break and help me out. Right as I ended my prayer President Roth came up behind me! I said Hello and asked for a few minutes to chat. We talked about how I was feeling and how I can be a better missionary. It was a really good talk. He really lifted me up and I felt pumped to get back into the field and work.

Its becoming a struggle with Sister Rogers. She has severe problems with her back and its been slowing us down COMPLETELY in the work. When you arent working youre in a bad mood and thats how I have felt. I need to be working!! Ive been real patient with her and shes been getting up on time to exercise so Ive been happy about that. Shes becoming very cynical/negative and sarcastic. Every time she starts to act up I slam her down and tell her to get rid of her attitude. I cant handle it. Her attitude makes me not want to work. Ya know? How can you work when you have a companion who is too caught up in how she hates bulgarians rather than how much she loves them. Gah. Its hard but Im hanging in there. 3 more weeks left of this transfer. Im pretty sure next transfer Im going to Sofia and I really dont want to go there. Im fine staying where Im at. Sofia is SOOO busy and SOOO big. It takes an hour to get anywhere on a BUS in that freakin city. Pray I stay here in Ctara Zagora lol.

Mom - Dimiter, my 62 yr old english student, has been asking about you. LOL. He also told his friend about you. I was walking to the grocery store the other night with Rogers and Dimiters friend sees me, grabs my arm and begins to whisper about you to me LOL. He wants you to come to Bulgaria so he can meet you. People want your green card, mom. Sorry I have exploited you hahaha.

Anyways, a mission is rough. Its a true story. Have a good week all and thanks for all the emails and the support! I love you all.

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment