Friday, May 27, 2011

Email: May 24th

So, I just want to say, Happy Alphabet Day! Hahaha. I swear, Bulgaria has a holiday for EVERYTHING here. Its ridiculous. Yesterday was a holiday, todays a holiday and last week there were 3 holidays. Fireworks almost every night up in this place. Bulgarians only love to celebrate lol.

So...this past week I went back up to Sofia for Passport work. This time I remembered my passport. Holla. It was another horrible experience though. Even though I remembered all my paperwork, Sister Rogers and I had a little run in with some other Sisters. They went out at 9 pm with the AP's and didnt get into the apt we were all staying in until 10:30 pm. Apparently they went out to dessert and to play cards. Uhhhhh....ya...can you say date? Sketch stuff going on the mission.

In other news, Sister Rogers, I, Elder Morgan and Elder Ewell were invited to the Majors house to do a service project aka clean up their house. The Majors are a couple from Scotland. Well Sister Major is from Scotland and Brother Major is from Utah. Brother Major reminds me a lot of Darrel Greer. Hahaa. I love it. They are a really cool couple, the sad thing is..they are hoarders. I dont know how they live. Their house and farm is a complete mess. The Elders went out to the field to plow and Sister Rogers and I were left to...talk to Sister Major. She wanted us to go through boxes and organize things for her but she changed her mind and said, "I dont know where you could start..we have to clean out the living room before we can bring boxes in the garage for you to go through." Oh man. They just need to start chucking stuff. Rogers was like, "Lets just get a bag and start throwing out stuff...she wont notice, Kinkead" Lol.

We had a big branch activity up in the mountains of Bulgaria. Barely any members came but a lot of our english came, which was AWESOME. We had a picnic, did yoga and played some american football and some european football :P. Unfortunately, it was one of my 'off days'. Meaning, I couldnt understand much bulgarian that day. So of course everyone was trying to talk to me but I really had no idea what they were saying. They would get mad if they had to repeat. Ugh. I hate that BUT I got to play around with 2 yr old Meelay and 4 yr olds Petco and Asin. CUTE CUTE kids and they just latch onto me and Rogers. They played with us for hours. I got on video Asin trying to copy english words that I was saying. Hahaha. I love kids..I cant wait to have my own. Precious little things.

Im so excited. Zone Conference is tomorrow and today Rogers and I are heading up to Plovdiv for a big zone P-DAY! Were going go-carting, gonna play some tennis and then hit it up with watching movies. Im ready to get out of here and play!

Poor Sister Rogers...her back has been getting worse day by day. We think she either has a slipped disc or an inflammed one. She cant get out of bed these days. The past 3 days weve stayed in the apt..doing..nothing. We found some cards so we've been doing that along with watching disney movies on our tv. Ya, we have a tv in our apt, go figure lol. Anyway, shes gonna get that checked by a doctor up in Sofia. We'll see what happens. If she keeps going at this rate, she wont be working at all next transfer. Im pretty sure that the rest of this transfer is shot in the foot when it comes to working. Sitting, standing and laying down ALL hurt for her and she has no pain killers. Pray for her. Ive been playing nurse and making sure that she doesnt over-do it because I really dont want her to have any kind of permanent damage to her back and then really be in trouble.

Well! Thats my life thus far. The work continues as Sister Kinkead stays inside all day. Time moves REALLY slow then. Yesterday felt like I lived 3 days in one. *Sighs* lol. I love you all! CTR!

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment