Monday, May 2, 2011

Email: May 2nd

Hey hey hey,

I didnt write too much in my journal this week so Im just gonna write what I can remember.

We had mission tour this past week in Plovdiv. It was sooo fun to get together with everyone and visit. Meet the new missionaries in the field. Im getting semi-older in the mission..Im liking it. Anyways, the junior companions were supposed to be interviewed by President Roth and all the trainers/senior companions were supposed to be interviewed by Elder Schwitzer, the area seventy over eastern europe. Well I went in and had my little interview with President Roth. He told me that I was a strong woman and he was glad to have me as a missionary. Made me feel really good. I left that interview and then 5 minutes later, someone tells me that Elder Schwitzer wants to interview ME! 1) Im not a trainer and 2) Wow..an area authority..wants me..out of everybody lol. I felt very privledged. I walked in and sat down. He told me how much Sister Rogers loves me and how proud he is of me for being such a good companion to her. He asked me about my family situation and then told me that he was glad he got to meet and talk with me. It was an awesome experience.

Yesterday Rogers and I went back up to Veliko Turnovo to see our investigator, Gona and our new member, Efgeni. I was kind of aggravated because Gona didnt show up when she had told us she wanted to get baptized. Shes been ignoring our calls and texts. I guess we'll keep trying. It was a small little fast and testimony meeting. I got up and bore my testimony and I really felt the spirit. It was so good. Afterwards we had a lesson with Efgeni about keeping the sabbath day holy and fasting. It went over well and then the President of the branch all invited us out to a chinese restaurant. Uh what? Ya..I felt very uncomfortable with that idea. We just got done with a lesson on fasting and keeping the sabbath day holy. I refused to eat. I told them I was fasting and I think I was being judged hardcore. When people offer you food, you take it right? but I just couldnt. I knew Efgeni was there and I cant just teach him a principle and then not go through with it...eee-yaa. I sat and talked with Nickolai, Efgenis dad. He really opened up to me. I couldnt understand all of what he was saying to me but I tried my best to keep attentive and smile every so often. His wife and him are divorced and all he has is Efgeni. The poor guy probably has no one to talk to. Im glad I could be there for him. Rogers asked Nickolai what he wanted to do before he died and he said, "Give Efgeni a good education". Ahhhh man. That really hurt my heart. They are so poor and they are the humblest people Ive ever met. I almost cried because it was so touching. Once again, it reminded me of how all of us americans are spoiled.

Believe in Good things to come -Holland

Have a good week all!

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment