Monday, June 13, 2011

Email: June 13th

Yo.

Soooooo...

Varna didnt work out. Its a long story that I dont really want to get into but I met with the President and I am staying here in Sofia. I am in a threesome here with Sister Loss and Sister Speth. I like it. We get along well even though at times I feel Sister Speth is being left out but I try to include her. Its hard when Sister Loss and I have so much in common - especially when it comes to music. We can talk about that forever. Seriously.

We dropped 3 investigators this past week due to them being a little too crazy. They are golden people but I dont think they are all there in their head. Its good that people want the gospel but you cant baptize someone who doesnt really understand what covenants they are making and that the gospel law will be over there head, ya know? Its a tricky process but we decided to drop 3 of them. Were working with Toss, a 25 yr old nigerian guy here. Hes really golden. He knows the bible well so he asks us a lot of questions about where all of our information is coming from and where its at in the bible. Good egg, that one. He called me up yesterday asking me how I was doing and when him and I could get together. I responded that all 3 of us sister could meet with him today. He laughs and says, "No no, I mean..you and I." Uhhh oh. Toss is attracted to me and thats noooo good. We're gonna have one more lesson with him and he keeps making moves then we'll give him to the elders. It kind of sucks being an american girl in bulgaria lol.

I FINALLY got my hands on the General Conference Liahona!! HOLLLLLLAAAA! I AM SO excited to read conference and to know whats going on in the church these days!!

Bulgarian is still a struggle these days. Some days Im whipping it out of no where and other days Im lost in what to say or how to even form a sentence. I totally blanked while teaching the second lesson to one of our old investigators. I felt horrible. Then, the next lesson, we had our investigator tell us that her husband was beating her and she cried to us for a bit. An idea came into my head to grab a picture of christ in gethsamene and put it infront of her. So I did. I then began to say, " Vanya, you arent alone. He knows. He knows your pain. Hes been there and he wants you to be happy." I was pretty surprised. It just comes at the right times, ya know? It was a pretty cool experience. I felt the spirit strongly and she even began to cry even more and then hugged me. Im doing what I can. Its all I can do.

Anyways, I could write more but of course Im always running low on time. Have a good week all. I love you so much. Thank you all for the emails, love and support.

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment