Monday, June 6, 2011

Email: June 6th

Oh my goodness!!

This week has been the bomb.com! I LOVE Sofia and I LOVE being with the Sofia Sisters! (Sisters Pantigoso and Loss). We've had so many laughs, giggles, stories and we've been working really hard. I freakin love it. Sofia is so busy and theres always something going. People to teach, people to find and it seems like there are more people to try and approach to about the gospel. I love it!

We met with a lot of people this week and it seemed like bulgarian came out of no where from me. I realized that once I really try to speak and testify - I can. Bulgarian is just there. Pantigoso says I need to set aside my fear of not being able to speak and just speak! Ive been working on it. :)

I met some really tight people here in Sofia. A kid named Dimiter but goes by Jimmy, lol, I dont know. And this guy named Hola who is black and from Nigeria. They both can speak perfect english and they are really good kids. Jimmy took me aside one night after english and told me that I should "Start my own program" Hahahah! He says Im really funny and very welcoming. He also told me that I had a very unique personality and that its a personality that just lures people in. Im fun! That was a big compliment and I felt like, "Ok...ok..so I do have something to offer here in Bulgaria" lol.

Transfer calls came and I am being sent to THE OCEAN CITY! Varna. Yep, this summer I will be serving by the beach. Oh my. I will be serving in a threesome. Sister Orr, shes dying, not sure how I feel about killing another person off and my mother, who I was just with, Sister Killian. Not sure how this threesome will go. I really wanted to stay in Sofia and work with Sister Loss. Shes an amazing girl and I love her to death but..thats how the cookie crumbles. Want to know something funny about Sister Loss? Her and I lived across from each other at College Terrace in Utah! We had never seen each other but I lived in apt 23 and she lived in 24!!! Its so crazy how we lived near each other and we didnt meet until we both came to Bulgaria lol. Life..its funny.

Heres a funny story for the week. Us sisters went over to this investigators house for dinner the other night. We sat down and they asked us what kind of juice we wanted to drink. Apparently they make their own juice and they have all kinds! Tomato, strawberry, peach, etc etc. We settled with Strawberry and sat down to eat. My nose was stuffed up so I couldnt really taste much. However, I could really taste this strawberry drink and it was really good. I drank a whole glass and went for another. Peter, our investigator jokingly said it had beer in it. We sort of laughed and told him that we dont drink. He said nothing, looked at our glasses and then us and sort of grinned. I stopped and was like, wait a second....I think were drinking wine. I took another swig cause I was thirsty but then stopped Hahahahaha. Im sorry! Its horrible of me but it was so good and I was so thirsty........dont judge. Im not 100% sure that it WAS wine. Hahahaha! Oh Bulgaria.

One more story for kicks. Us sisters were walking down center, the main street here in Sofia and a loud siren went off. Like one of those tornado sirens you hear in Ohio for tornado warnings. Well all 3 of us are just walking along and then I notice that EVERYONE has stopped in their tracks. Even the trams! The cars! The people working the stores! I stopped and Im like, "Uhh whats going on?" After 3 minutes of feeling like I was in a movie where everyone freezes, everyone picks right back off to where they left off. Come to find out, it was a moment of silence for a man named Christo Botev. He was a revolutionalist during turkish reign. Epic guy, I suppose. It was such a weird experience though. Of course the stupid americans are walking around, talking, laughing, while everyone is frozen in a moment of silence. Ah well. Lol.

Anyways, Im short on time. Sorry peeps! Have a good week. Ill kick it here in Communist Country!

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment