Monday, November 7, 2011

Email: October 17th

Hey everyone!

I was pretty psyched to check my email today! 17 birthday emails! Holla! Lots of pictures, videos and news!! So much is going on! Thank you SOOO MUCH everyone. Really. I appreciate it. I dont get anything as a missionary and its good to just hear from family and friends as to whats going on in the life back in America. Thank you, thank you and as the bulgarians would say, "Мерси" aka Merci in french. I dont know why they say merci here but..they do.

So Im with Sister Child here in sunny beach! Aka Varna. Its a pretty sick city and I can tell thats its rockin during the summer time. Tourist central yo. I went to the black sea and it was really cool! I havent been to a beach since I was like...14. Its been awhile. Child is a good companion. Shes been showing me all around and we've been trying to find people because we have no investigators at the moment. At times Im homesick for Sofia and the awesome investigators that we have there, especially Way. I called him this week to see how he was doing. He answered the phone and was so excited to hear from me. We talked for a good 15 minutes or so. He told me he learned how to pray in chinese and hes been reading the BOM. Hes so legit!! He told me that he was so glad to hear from me and that it "filled" his heart. AWWWWWWWW. Way is so precious and tender to me. At the end of the convo he told me how he tried to study in America but they declined him because he was older than 26 (hes 32). I think that was a hint of some sort...lol...but I still love him and I know he will get baptized soon!

The language...its still getting me down at times. Being with a groupie and seeing how much theyve improved from the MTC really makes me think where I should be in the language. Child and I are abooout the same page when it comes to the language but she can understand better at times and sometimes Im just stuttering to get out sentences. I get so flustered and scatterbrained when someone stops on the street and DOES want to talk to me. What do I say now?! What do I say that will make them want to meet with us?! How do I say this word in bulgarian?!?! AHHHHH. Its FRUSTRATING lol. Since Im new in the ward I got up and talked about myself and bore testimony. It comes when Im calm and I want to bear testimony but anything other than that? You can just forget bulgarian lol because it wont come. Ugggggggggh. The ward is really cool, I like them. This girl named Deedee has really taken to me. She looks 17 but is 27 lol. Apparently shes hard to get to know but she was by my side ready to talk. Its interesting. Hopefully I can get to know her more. Hmm what else? Creepers all around here in Varna. Child has been hit on a lot lol...I love it, they dont ever really mess with me. Good thing too. I remember when a guy in Sofia tried kissing my hand. I yanked it away and told him, No, no no no! That is not the way! lol.

Its winter here, thats for sure. Its like a hurricane outside right now. The winds are BLOWING, the rain is pouring, its freezing and I hope the black sea gets wild and overtakes Varna so I have an epic story to tell hehehehe. I just need something to happen!

Oh! this lady gave me her scarf the other day while I was talking to her about the book of mormon. Im actually wearing it right now..its real nice and comfy...even smells good too. Bulgarians, sometimes they can show some hospitality lol..

Well, I love you all, have a good week! Ima keep keepin' on here! Love YOU!

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment