Monday, November 7, 2011

Email: October 31st

Name that artist. Can you? Dont google. Thats cheating.

Hows it going all? Bulgaria is coooold and Ive been drinking lots of hot cocoa. Mmmm lol. Its my new morning drink. Get my mug, warm up some milk, stir some cocoa in it and bam! Got me some hot chocolate.

Ive been doing well. This week we got 47 work hours in! It was so intense! We did a lot of work for our halloween party. Sister Child and I made a pinata for it and got decorations and what not around for it. It was this past saturday. A good amount of people showed up, maybe, 50-60, it was good. All the kids and adults loved the pinata and it survived some good beatings. I got tons of video and pictures. Ill have to send some later. Ive been spoiling you guys with a ton of pictures lately haha. Afterwards Radi and Eva, two kids around my age in the branch, were putting a ton of anti-bacterial gel on their hands and then lighting them on fire. Of course Sister Child is over there doing it with them because she is so freakin nuts lol. Radi calls me over and says, "Sister Kinkead, do you want to try?" Im like, "Erm...noooo..." He looks at me and says, "Why not? Are you a....chicken?" I look at him and say, "Nooo!" He then says, "Then why not?" I finally think to myself, what the heck? Im in Bulgaria, why not? Lol! So I tried it and they got a video of it. Its pretty cool actually. I didnt even get burnt! Lol..I probably sound so bunk right now. (Bunk - not a good missionary) I am though! I just have fun too!

Sister Child and I went out to dinner with Eva this week. Shes a 22 yr old girl and soooooo cute. Shes real fun and knows perfect english so its good to be around someone who you can really connect. Sister Child and I also went and hung out with Radka, another girl in the branch. We went over to her house for a lesson and we got in this huge discussion about communism, bulgaria in WWII and all this other historical stuff. Did you know that Bulgaria has a concentration camp? I want to go... Anyways, its really fascinating to learn about the history here. After the war, communism began and they changed history around in their history books here and taught false teachings to the kids in school. So crazy! Communism her was soooo crazy. Communism - Satans church. Literally. You are NOT allowed to think for yourself or anything. Totally corrupt, yo.

Child and I met with a named George this past week. He took us out for dinner. He bought us anything we wanted and kept asking me if I wanted anything. Ive never seen that before in Bulgaria...if youre offering your money for complete strangers, you have to be in "the family" You know? He really rubbed me the wrong way. I dont like him at all and he kissed Childs hand. She says hes just friendly but I think shes blind. Hes eyeing her for sure. He thought I couldnt understand or speak bulgarian so he would tell Child what he wanted to say to me. I could understand him just fine..I just stopped talking to him...Im not sure if that was right for me but I know his intentions and Im not going to play his game and get tangled in that web. Hes not good news. I dont like him. Child wants to keep teaching him..I want to hand him over to the elders. We'll see. Im not going to anymore places with him though.

I made a friend already in the branch here. His name is Borislav. Hes a 40 yr old man with no wife or kids but he speaks perfect english and real cool. Him and I talked a lot at the halloween party and he asked me if I liked to play chess. Of course I do! lol. Were gonna play sometime..I know he just wants company, you know? He told me that he has been waiting for me for awhile now. He had asked about the 4 new sisters that came in in february (When I got into country) and someone had said, "Maybe Sister Kinkead will serve here in Varna, Borislav!" Since then hes remembered the name lol. He told me that hes glad he finally got to meet me and that Im pretty "famous" LOL. I have no idea why. Maybe Im famous for being the one missionary who doesnt know bulgarian? Lolol.

Anyways, thats about it. Today we may go go-carting and then were going over to a members house for YSA FHE and for dinner! MMM! I love you all!

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment