Monday, November 7, 2011

Email: October 24th

Dear family, friends, loved ones and random people who like to see what Briana Kinkead is up to,

Varna is a sweeeeeeeeet place to serve! I LOVE THE SEA! I forgot how nice the sand, the ocean and the breeze in my face FELT! Sister Child and I had a pretty slow week this week and last week when we were contacting on the street, Child had a bad encounter with a woman trying to tell her that she was completely stupid for trying to preach to a country that doesnt believe in God or anything holy. I went over and saved Child and she looked at me and said, "We are leaving. NOW." We packed up our stuff and headed out to go find some less-actives. During that time we happened to end up at the beach. Child looked at me and said, "Can I just have one moment?" I looked and her and said, "Go for it" We both walked out on the sand and just felt the peace and calmness of the sea. I let the breeze hit me and I felt the anxiety, stress and pain of the mission leave me. The ocean is a great place to go to when you are feeling weighed down. I think it might be one of my favorite places in Bulgaria. Were going today there actually to go see the huge lighthouse. Yaaay!

In other news, were not really working with anyone except this lady named Diana. Shes a sweet lady. She always puts her hand on my knee when my leg begins to bop up and down, up and down lol. It annoys the heck out of her hehehe. The members here in Varna are really legit and very nice. I love it. I can actually feel the spirit in church, its amazing. I havent felt that in a long time...probably, a year? Ive missed it. I can really understand a lot more than I used to. I get about 80% of what is said in church now, its glory. I can actually sit and listen and not just zone out for 3 hours. I love it.

So get this, for language study, I read, "здрач" which means, "Twilight" Hahahah! Yep! Im reading Twilight in bulgarian, its so funny. Its easy to read because I get the gist of it and its interesting to see how they translate certain things and pick up some slang that I hear out on the street. Its so fun.

Hmm, nothing really else going down here. The work is slow at the moment. We are having a huge halloween party this week and we are making a pinante! Holla! Its gonna be fun! Im looking forward to it. Child and I are rocking it up. Shes so chill and doesnt freak out about things like Loss would do. I mean, worrying is fine but when it gets to the extreme? I cant handle it. However, Loss and I hear from each other everyday and I miss her a ton. Shes definitely a best friend for life.

Anyways, thats my email for this week. I love you all and you are in my thoughts.

-Sister Kinkead

P.S. - Thanks for the card madre! Im sure Ill receive it soon

No comments:

Post a Comment