Friday, December 2, 2011

Email: November 14th

Hey everyone,

This week was nutso. We had so many experiences that made you think twice and say, "Wait...what?" Hahahaha. Bulgaria is quite the entertaining mission. It all started with our new investigator Marynella. Marynella was an older woman who looked like she lived a very humble lifestyle but was very sweet and was always smiling at the corner of her mouth. Child and I began to the first lesson with her but I think it ended up being way too much information for her liking. We ended the lesson with our testimonies and right in the middle of Childs testimony Marynella gets up, grabs her purse and coat, says, "Im sorry, I have to go, Ill call you" opens the door, closes it and walks out of the church. LOL. I sat there and was like, ".....Lol....wait..what just happened??" I wasnt even mad..I was just so confused that it made me giggle. Child, however, was quite upset and kept beating herself up for not planning better or being better in the lesson. Whatever, you know? You just do what you can do and move on. Some people are ready and some arent. Thats the point that Im at on my mission. I do my best and if it fails? Well - try better and move on but Im done making myself feeling like crap. Im sick of beating myself up for the language or something. Im DONE lol.

Moving right along in weird events. Child and I went to go see a less-active named Geefka. We traveled to her apt which was nicer than the average bulgarian apt, I was impressed. She talked with us for a bit and actually fed us GOOD cookies and treats lol. You always get stuck eatting cardboard tasteless cookies at other bulgarians apts. Anyways she leaves the room and brings back her medicine. Shes showing each pill she takes, how much it is and how hard it is to pay for it and then she says something in bulgarian that neither Child or I understood. Child said, "Ya" and then was handed a plastic glove. LOLOLOL. My eyes got big and I wondered what Child agreed to LOL. Geefka then shows her this gel she needs rubbed ALL over her back and all over her chest and stomach LOLOL. I began to laugh and think, Is Child really going to do this?! The lady basically takes off her upper clothing and we can both see everything. Take note that this is the FIRST TIME Child and I have met this lady! Child rubbed her whole back and basically massaged it for this lady. The lady then puts her clothes back on and says, "I can do the front later" I was like, THANK GOODNESS. I wasnt sure if I was gonna have to intervene or what lol. SO AWKWARD. She was a really nice lady but it was getting a little too touchy for my liking.

The last event that was weird for Child and I was the bulgarian hospital. Hahaha. Child is having huge back problems and Ive already killed off a companion who had back problems and I take this stuff very seriously. Child wouldnt call Sister Roth about it so I called her about it and we were told to get it checked out by a doctor here in Varna. We went to this clinic type place that was very sketch. You dont make appts, you just stand in line after everyone else who is waiting for that specific doctor. It was really weird. The building was very commy too. They did an X-RAY on her back with this equiptment which was manufactured before WWII and then told her that nothing was wrong with her back. HAH. They gave her an injection of some pain killer type medicine, which helped but...yaaa. Child just wants to shrug it off but Im not gonna let her do that. You dont mess around with back pain.

Diana is still doing great but plans to move to Spain after she gets baptized to work for some bulgarian family there. She knows zero english or spanish.....Yaaa...you got me on how shes gonna get around there lol. Ah well.

I love you all! Im out!

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment