Friday, December 2, 2011

Email: November 7th

Dear loved ones,

Know that Sister Kinkead misses you a lot and loves you. I appreciate hearing from you all and I yearn to be with you all, hanging out, laughing and having good times. Im not trunky per se..I just want you all to know that I miss you!! Im glad to hear that youre doing well and life continues on. Im doing well over here in Bulgaria. Sister Child and I work really well together. She is someone who knows the balance between having fun and getting the work done here and I like that. I cant stand working with robot missionaries or missionaries who dont work at all. Ive had both companions. I like when people can find the middle. You work hard but you also enjoy your mission and not feel like its a chore.

Sister Child and I have a baptismal date with Diana! Thats exciting. We committed her to baptism and we think she'll be getting baptized either on the 26th of November or a little bit later. We need to figure out whats going on with her. Everytime we meet with her she is sad but lights up by the end of the lesson. Child and I think that its her family - theyre anti. We've been asking her if shes been doing her homework and keeping her commitments, the answer is always a no and she just dances around it all. She knows the stuff but for some reason shes sort of distant to us. This week were going to meet with her and ask her why shes not keeping her commitments and tell her that its very important to read your scriptures, pray and keep her commitments. I love her, shes sweet and means well. Yesterday in our lesson I gave a lesson about Lehi's vision and how we need to hold onto the iron rod and make it to the tree and taste of the fruit and be filled spiritually. I related it to baptism and how baptism is part of the path and how we can taste of the fruit. Child said it was a really good lesson but she said she could tell that I was overthinking my bulgarian and thats why I kind of stuttered and couldnt find words. *Shrugs* I can do what I can do, you know?

We've been getting a lot of receives lately but no one will meet with us. The usual, "Im too busy, Ill call you" or they say yes and stand us up. Gah. The other day when we were streetboarding in center, Child and I hear this loud screaming. I look over and I see this homeless looking man who is crouching down by a bench screaming his heart out. Hes hitting his ears and head, scratching his face and just screaming like something was attacking him. I felt bad because people here are literally insane here. Life here just makes them crazy and I think some are just mentally sick and dont get the medical attention they need. I had never seen anything like that though - only in horror movies. Its sad.

Way texted me this week. Hes so precious. He asked me how I was doing and told me about the halloween party they had at church. He then ended the text saying, "We miss you a lot Sister Kinkead!" Awwww lol. I called him up and talked for a bit. Its a matter of time until he gets baptized. Hes still learning from the Elders in Sofia and hes really loving it. Hes going to church and to all the activities. Go Way!! I miss him but hopefully Ill be able to travel into Sofia to see his baptism! I hope!

This past saturday Sister Child, Radka and I were invited to go visit a small womens shelter here in Varna. I was psyched. We were going to make hats and scarves and visit with the women. We got there and one of the women ran out to say hi. We were told by the supervisor that the women were really nervous but very excited to have us - so excited that they made us salad, soup, bread and cake!! When we went inside I noticed that all these women suffered from physical/mental problems. But they surprised me when they sat us down for lunch and they made a very impressive lunch for us. They were SO proud to have us eating it. It was sooooo tender. After lunch we taught the girls (Radka and Child did..I didnt know how to hahaha) how to make hats and scarves out of yarn. They loved it. We got lots of pictures and the women gave us lots of kids. A lot of them have a mentatlity of a 10 yr old but they were very cute. They would run around saying, "GIFT! GIFT!" and then they would hand me a bracelet or something. They dont see much of anyone besides themselves and I know they loved having us there. As we got in the car to leave, some of the women ran out and hugged us, asking us when we would be back. Awwww. I loved the experience. I really want to get back into the states and work at some women shelters.

Mom - I got my debit card. Thanks for sending that to me! I activated it and all. Also, I checked my online bank account and it says I have a ton of money. Who put all that money in there? Im not complaining..just curious lol.

I love you all and Im thinking of you, know this. Bulgaria is in good hands and Im spreading the word!

-Sister Kinkeadgb

No comments:

Post a Comment