Thursday, February 2, 2012

Email: January 30th

Hey everyone,

Well I wasnt so lucky this year. Snow finally hit Bulgaria this past week and its been prrreeeeetty cold. Sister Pantigoso and I have been feeling pretty powerful walking through all the snow to get to less-active houses or simply just getting around the city on foot (I really wonder what its like for missionaries who have a car. Spoiled.) Anyways, lol, there have been a couple times where we've almost slipped due to black ice being on the sidewalks. I dont know how old people do it here...its definitely dangerous. It finally feels like its really winter and I cant wait till Spring. Snow and Ice as a missionary are no bueno. You have no motivation to go out in a blizzard and find people. Sister Pantigoso and I have been having to switch to tracting to find people. Tracting is all right but it can be a really weird/awkward situation since you try getting into an apartment complex and knocking on everyones door. People wonder how you got into their complex and why you are trespassing. Its annoying. I havent done tracting in awhile but its "my element" meaning..Im comfortable doing it. However...Pantigoso has anxiety attacks every door we knock on. She is very uncomfortable with it and for most of her mission she has gotten away without tracting. She makes for a good laugh though lol. She makes me go first every time we get into a new block and when its her turn she grabs me and pulls me close while she talks. Lol..... Oh the mission.

In other news we are handing over our investigator, Christo, to the elders. Hes a really nice man and has come to all of our lessons but we think he may just like our company and not so much the gospel. Hes probably close to his 70s, hes been divorced for 15 years and lives alone. He likes to hug us when he sees us and he gave me a kiss on my hand the other day. Awkward. We sat down with him yesterday at his place and had some tea (Dont worry, herbal tea) We talked about the standards of the church but he brought up some interesting topics and I wasnt feeling too good about meeting with him anymore. We left and Pantigoso and I both decided that we would hand him over to the elders. If he really wants to learn, he wont mind learning from the elders. Right?

Fabio is just shining. He makes my day. Every time I see him I just laugh and smile. He is such a unique person. We're continuing to work with him but his weaknesses are something we're not sure how to deal with. Hes an amazing man. Hes gone through so much in his life that, honestly, I dont know how hes NOT in prison for certain things. Hes overcome so much and I love him to death. We sing in english together during church because he doesnt know bulgarian and were always laughing and joking. I LOVE HIM. I told him that he needs to come to my homecoming talk. He said he wants to. It probably wont happen but...I can wish, ya? Such a cool kid.

Pantigoso and I were working with a family this past week! I found this man on the street last transfer. He asked Child and I if we could teach english to his son personally and we were unsure so we said no but I saw him again 2 weeks ago and he asked about it again. I decided that we could teach his son english if we could have a spiritual lesson afterwards. He agreed and we went over last wednesday. It went over really well and the family was really receptive. Low and behold...we tell the elders about it and they are already teaching THE SAME FAMILY TOO. Ya...in the end...we handed them over to the elders even though I found them first. The elders just want them for themselves. I was kind of mad over the whole thing but I decided that its better to just let them have it and have no contention or get into a big argument over it all and have hard feelings. Were all on the same team............right? Lol. *Sarcasm*

We had a Cowboy Night for a ward activity. Us missionaries all made Chili, Baked Potatoes and Brownies. We had cowboy dances and barrel racing Lol! It was SOOOO fun. I thoroughly enjoyed the line dances and having fun with people I love. Im so crazy...I love it. One guy who was there lingered around me and then later asked for my number as a joke. I was like...Im a missionary....Sorry. Awwwwkward lol. But it was still really fun.

For a Young Single Adult activity we all went laser tagging. THAT WAS SO FUN. It was a really legit place with a whole obstacle course, fog machines and loud music. It really set the mood for some laser tag! I ran around screaming and running from people. Hahhaa. I loved it...it really helps relieve stress. Im hoping we can do it today for Pday with all the missionaries.

We are now sending missionaries to TURKEY!!!! My little Elder Redpath is heading over to Turkey next transfer, along with 3 other elders from Bulgaria. I feel sorry for them..they finally get bulgarian down and now have to learn turkish. Shudder. Im glad thats not me lol. I hear they will be attending university in the morning to learn turkish and then contacting in the afternoon lol. Im so excited to be here at a time where we are having missionaries go into Turkey!!! Its something big for the BSM. Thats for sure.

Well everyone, have a good week. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYhDhiojBPA Check that clip out :) I love you all. Thanks for being wonderful!

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment