Monday, April 16, 2012

Email: April 16th


Oh man am I having feelings of anxiety right now! Hah.
 My greenie will be flying in this wednesday and Ill be meeting her that night! I am prettttty nervous. I hope she has a fun time with me and adjusts well to Bulgaria and the mission. Elder Babbit, my district leader in Ruse, called me last night and asked me when I would be arriving into Ruse. I told him I wouldnt get there until Thursday night. He told me that he already has four women that he wants me to work with and that there is A LOT of work to be done! He told me he has everything ready for me and cant wait for me to get there and dive into the work. To be honest, this makes me very stressed lol. I will basically being doing all of the missionary work myself and having my little greenie just testify. I will have to KNOW what these peoples needs are and it will be up to me to teach them the doctrine. AHHH. Lol. Im being stretched but... The Lord calls us in our weaknesses right? Funny how I have been studying that lately and know I feel like Im being pushed to apply it lol. Oh the gospel. Pray for me!! Sister Meyers says Ill be a good mommy. I hope shes right lol.

The other day Sister Meyers and I were talking about the pre-mortal life and what we were "Studying" to develop ourselves in our first estate to take to this earth. Sister Meyers looked at me and said, "Sister Kinkead - you were talking" LOL. Shes right, I think. I just talked to anyone and everyone and built strong friendships, Im sure. It was a cool conversation. I've been very intrigued by the pre-mortal life as of recent. Its fascinating to learn about.

Sister Meyers and I were streetboarding 2 weeks ago. (We have a board with pictures and then a table with Boms in all different languages for people to see.) This man comes up with his dog and lays a 20 lev bill under one of the book of mormons and walks away saying in ENGLISH, "Ive always wanted to take you sisters out to lunch but I have no time... treat yourself." Im like what the... heck?! Lol. A week later, the same man comes up and Sister Meyers stops him, trying to talk to him this time. She asks him if he knows anything about the church and he says, "Yes, I know a LOT about the church" and then she responds by saying, "What do you know??" and he looks at her and says, "I graduated with an MBA from BYU... and I served a mission in Idaho." LOL. What the heck?! Were just chilling on the street of a small city called Blagoevgrad in BULGARIA and we meet a MBA major from BYU? lol. He told us that he WAS bulgarian but lived in Salt Lake now working for Progressive. He told us that both of his parents are gone and he only has his little dog. He really talked up BYU though and told me that I should look into if I'll be in the valley. I was pretty shocked. It was SUCH a cool conversation and then he handed us another 20 lev bill and said. "I really want to go to lunch but I dont have time so.. here!" Such a cool guy. Im hoping Ill find him in salt lake one of these days.

As for investigators - we met with Daniella this past week. It was another good lesson and the spirit was really strong but I just dont think shes fully ready to commit yet. Its so annoying. However, she told us that she read what we asked her to in the Bom and that shes been seeing her life being blessed since shes been meeting with us. Her son, Borislav, has read 7 chapters out of the kids Bom. He even said prayer over dinner. He was really proud to tell Meyers and I. It was sooo cute.

Peter hasnt been meeting with us. He has stood us up twice. I think hes heard things and has been scared away. Thats annoying. Bah.

We have a NEW investigator which I met during contacting on the street named Cindy. She is an 19 yr old girl from Albania who is studying at the american university here. She told me that she knew the missionaries in Albania and that she learned english from them. She agreed to meet and told me that it was so good to see mormons in Bulgaria. We met with her a few days later and went through the whole 1st lesson. She was SO excited to know that we have a living prophet NOW! She was also thrilled to hold an english Bom in her hand. She wanted the original... not the albanian copy. However, we will be getting her an albanian copy soon hah. Shes such an open girl and she had such good questions! "What about the people who dont accept God in this life?" or "What does God think about our technological advance and how we use our bodies??" Meyers and I were so excited to teach during that lesson and it was in ENGLISH. Ahhhhh. Cant ask for any better. Were hoping to meet with her one more time before we tap out of this place.

Our last investigators were meeting with are Tenka and Kircho. They are a couple who we tracted into. We went back to start the 1st lesson and they had prepared a whole easter dinner for us. I thought it was really nice but it was very overwhelming at the same time because I wasnt sure how we were going to transition into a lesson. We sat for a few minutes and ate and then Meyers brought up the fact that we had prepared something. As we began to teach, Kircho, went on about how much he hates the pravaslav *Orthodox* church and how corrupt men are in the church these days. He talked AT us. Not with us. Ugggh. Their dog was at our feet whining for food and when it came time for me to take my turn teaching a principal - bulgarian was not there. And you want to know why? Because the spirit was not there so I just stuttered and struggled. Ugh. We tried watching the vision with them and they talked during the whole thing and at the end said, "See? You arent supposed to join any of the sects, only believe in Christ and be a christian!"........... Ya. Meyers testified after but I didnt.. I couldnt. It just was NOT happening. We said a closing prayer and got out of there. I was very grateful for Meyers... she really pulled us through in that rocky lesson. Im not sure were going to go back. They dont seem to interested anymore. They just want someone to talk to.

We celebrated easter by having a branch party and painting eggs. The dye for eggs is REALLY good here. Im going to buy a ton of packets so I can use them for future easters! We played some games afterwards and ate snacks. It was good branch bonding. Meyers and I didnt give each other anything for easter... its just another day to me here. Plus, I dont like focusing on holidays on the mission too much - I just get trunky and miss home. Its not good.

Well! I love you all. Keep keepin on!

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment