Monday, April 9, 2012

Email: April 2nd


Hey hey hey!

I am officially having a little baby in 2 weeks! Hahaha. I will be training a new missionary coming in! Yaay. And guess what? The best part is that I will be opening ANOTHER city for sisters. Bwhahahaha. So I will be training and opening a new city called Ruse. Its near the coast of the black sea and up near the Romanian boarder so..I will be heading over to THAT side of the country again and...dying there. Weird. Its exciting but at the same time its kind of stressful because this sister will know nothing about Bulgaria or Bulgarian! I will be literally doing everything. Cuuuh-razzzy. I have to wait 2 weeks because, technically, this transfer isnt over yet but were switching companions for the next 2 weeks. Sister Tate will be leaving me tomorrow to serve in Sliven and clean up a sister. Sister Myers will come with me and stay here in Blagoevgrad as we both wait for our greenies. We have 11 trainers this time around. Its going to be a party with 22 missionaries in the orientation meeting. Bigger than a zone conference! That is... if all the missionaries get their visas haha. I feel like Im really just sliding down a slope for the last part of my mission. I havent had to deal with too many problems and Sister Tate and I had a lot of fun so the transfer just flew. I think my greenie will be a cool girl and the work will keep me so busy that before I know it...Ill be on the flight home. Its so nuts.

Im really going to miss Sister Tate. Shes near and dear in my heart. She reminds me so much of me in some ways and I think I might cry when I have to see her leave me tomorrow.

In other news...we have found an investigator here named Peter. We met with him twice this past week. Hes a 28 yr old guy who is interested in learning from us. He always shows up on time and called me on saturday to know when we could meet again. You never have that here in Bulgaria unless someone is really serious about the gospel. We'll see where it goes.

We're working with another woman named Daniella. She is in her 40s and has a son named Borislav. We've met with Daniella twice and the second time around was pretty interesting. We taught about how the gospel blesses families and how the family can be a strong unit if its based on gospel principles. She then began to lecture her son infront of us about how he needs the gospel. I looked at her and told her before she can teach others, she needs to learn herself. Lol. Seriously. I think shes just interested because she wants her son to be a good kid with good values but she doesnt want to change herself. She used to be an english student and she was thoroughly impressed with Mary, this 13 yr old member here. She saw how mature and smart Mary was and wanted that for her son. She even started comparing her son to Mary in the lesson. Awwwkward.

Anyway...thats about it for the work. We went to the Zoo this past week with some members and had a little spiritual message afterwards. It was a fun time. Sister Tate and I also had a girls party with the Young Women here this past saturday. Mary and Irina were the only girls there because...they are the only young women here hehe. We watched a movie as we made hair accessories and chomped on some snacks. They had such a good time! Irina made me a hair accesory. She told me she wanted me to have it and then told me how much she was going to miss me. It touched my heart. I think it really meant a lot to these two girls.

I feel like Tate and I are leaving here on a really good note. Even though we didnt baptize the city... I feel like we really strengthened the branch here and were good examples to girls who really needed it. Mary got up in testimony meeting yesterday and bore her testimony. She said, "I remember something Sister Kinkead said when she bore her testimony here the first time. She said... 'The gospel is happiness' and it is! The gospel IS happiness." She went on about it and it really meant something to me that she remembered that little part out of my testimony 7 weeks ago. Irina then got up and began to cry as she said, "I am so grateful for the 2 sisters here." That was really touching too. I had kind of felt like a failure here but I didnt realize how much I had done until that moment in testimony meeting. I feel like the chapter of Blagoevgrad is coming to a close. A good close.

Well everyone. I love you so much and I really cant wait to see you all again! It will be a joyous reunion! I need to find out about my scheduled date for my homecoming talk so you can all come! Details to come.

-Sister Kinkead

P.S. I love this. Watch it!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zk2tyEM9i8

No comments:

Post a Comment