Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Email: March 14th

This week flew right on by. It started out really slow but it really picked up the pace. Killian has been stressing out lately over little things...*shrugs* got me...so she was a little quiet in the beginning of this week but we talked and I prayed she would jump back into her normal self and she has. Good thing. Wakling everywhere in silence is awkward...I can imagine its like being married to someone for so long and you go to bed at night, side by side but yet you feel miles apart. Lol. Ya, it was kind of like that...even though Im not married and have ever had an experience like that...lol

Anyways lol.... Nikki, the muslim guy who showed up to church last week, showed up to the church for a lesson. He called us and told us to come outside of the church because he had something for us. I was like...Uhhhhh...I am not getting kidnapped lol. So we walk outside and he gives both Killian and I flowers LOL. He then told Killian that he loved her a lot and couldnt stop LOLOLOL. I was LAUGHING. The funny thing is, I understood it all and needed no translation from Killian LOL. It was SO awkward. Between Killian and I, she attracts all the guys..not me, whew lol. We told the Elders and they blocked him from calling us and told us to ignore him. We havent seen him since. Hahahahahha. I love it.

Mom, I got everything ready for so you can go get a background check for me. I have a bulgarian form saying you have my consent and I have an english form saying you have my consent. I stapled it together and mailed it off. Not sure how long it will take to get to the US. Getting those forms only took me.....the whole day. I had to hire a translator and I had to talk back and forth with the notary. Oh my gosh. I am so glad its over lol.

I taught my english class this past week again. I taught body parts and we played "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes" HAHAHA. It was SO fun to watch bulgarians struggles to find the words in english and do the motions. They loved it though! I lvoe my english class. Ive become so close with all of them.

We went to a hospital this past week trying to find this woman who is really sick. We went to 2 hospitals and had no luck of finding her...we will continue our adventure of trying to find her this week. BUT I want to say one thing about Bulgarian hospitals.... :| They...are...SCARY. They are like hospitals you see in horror movies. Ugh. I cant even imagine what it would be like to be admitted into one..I think I would rather die than be taken to a bulgarian hospital lol. I told Killian if anything happens just let me suffer and call Sister Roth LOL. Seriously!

Sister Killian and I havent found anyone who wants to learn from us but we set up a time to meet with Yvonne, the 20 yr old gypsy boy from our branch. We met with him and shared our testimonies of a mission and how it can bless your life. He has the desire and he really wants to go but for bulgarians to be able to go and serve they AT LEAST have to have 1000 lev which means 700 US dollars. He doesnt have it. He works a lot to pay for all of his family's bills..I think his parents dont do anything and live of their son. Its sad. But..it happens all the time here. It touched my heart. He really wants to go but he doesnt have the money. I bore my testimony about how hard it was for me to be able to come here to Bulgaria but with the Lords help he provided and made a way for me. I told him that the Lord loved him and watched over him constantly. I cried. Hehe. I felt the spirit so strong though and I know Yvonne did too. He got a little uncomfortable so he laughed a little but I know he took my testimony to heart. That same day, we had a brancch activity where we all got together to eat and socialize. Yvonne waved me over to talk to him and he told me that I was a really nice person. He said, 'You are so nice, Ive known this the whole time too. The first time I saw you, I knew that you were a really nice person. Before you came here, Killian was cold..and strange...but shes warmed up. Im going to miss you when you leave Plovdiv..." My heart went out to him! I SO needed that. I feel so WORHTLESS here in Bulgaria because I cant speak the language but to hear Yvonne say that to me? I AM making a difference in lifes here...even if its the members!! It made my NIGHT. I love that boy! He asked if I ever worried about my family back home. I told him I didnt because I knew the Lord was watching over them and blessing them because of my service. He didnt say anything for a few seconds and then he said, "I worry about my family...I went to Belgium for 2 months and I worried so much...." I know Yvonne asked me that question because hes thinking if he could leave his family for 2 years. I know that my answer comforted him. :)

Yesterday the Elders got a call from President Roth. He wants Yvonne to be a mini-missionary. WOW. The Lord is working!!! Yvonne got WAY excited. Its so cool to see everything unravel before our eyes as we work with Yvonne. :) THE CHURCH IS TRUE.

Have a great week all. I love you AND if I dont email you back? Its because I have limited time and writing my main email takes up most of the time..sorry. I try to get back though. It may just take a few weeks lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment