Monday, March 28, 2011

Email: March 28th

YO! Sup people? Im still kickin it here in Bowl-gaaaaaah-reeee-uhhh. Check it. Haha.

This week was AWESOME. First off...last p-day all 6 of us missionaries went up to Batak. Its a middle of no where town that has some statues and a lake to look at lol. We all headed up there to see the statues. We had to hike this hill and once we got up, Elder Myrick decided that it would be cool to wander off in random fields/woods. We all followed. I had a feeling that we would get lost but I just shrugged it off. We ended up walking for a good 7 miles. We were completely lost lol... We found a road and noticed that we were closer to a town called Pestera than Batak. Pestera was forever away from where Batak was at. I didnt mind the first hour and a half because Bennett *Hes a kid who looks like Harry Potter lol* talked the whole time. I gave him my life story and showed him my album of pictures. I got to a picture with Bryces cousin and I. He was like :O! I know that kid! Were great friends! Hes way cool! I looked at him and said, "Well...thats Bryces cousin so...ya..lol" Bennett thought that was so cool that he emailed Kellett about it hahaa. It was a good convo. I bonded a lot with the 5 other missionaries but eventually I got sick of being lost. A dump truck came by and Elder Davis held out money for him to stop. He didnt. We were all hungry, tired and cranky. We wanted to get back. Time was ticking away for P-day. A few minutes later the truck comes on by again. This time Davis stands in the middle of the road. HAHA. Fnially the guy stops and lets us get in the BACK of his cement dump truck....ya... LOL! SO! I can now say that I have rode in the back of a cement dump truck in the middle of no where, Bulgaria. How many of you can say that? It was intense. I got it on film! Hehehehe.

Moving on from that crazy p-day, I got to go up to Sofia for passport work. I got to see all my groupies!!! It was SOOOO GOOD! I have missed them all so much. It was awesome to just laugh and giggle about our mission. It was a good day.

Sister Killian and I are now in our new apartment. Our water heater is broken so guess what? Ive been taking ice cold showers. Heck ya lol.

This week we went streetboarding with the elders twice and had a lot of success. I met a bulgarian man who graduated at.....wait for it...OHIO STATE! ya...Crazy huh?! He says he loves Ohio! I was so excited to hear that..a bulgarian at ohio state! Weird...but really cool. He was really nice. He told me he already had a book of mormon but would get it out and read it. Another man, Stoyane, came up to us. He seemed very hesitant about our message but kept talking to us. He took our brochure but didnt talk about meeting up again. I could tell he was a homeless guy but he didnt ask for money and he seemed normal. I liked that a lot because all homeless people beg and beg you for money. Ive gotten so used to it that I dont feel bad for just walking past them when they ask me. I know its not Christ-like but....everyone is poor and everyone is in need of a job. I cant hand ALL of my money out hehe. The next day Sister Killian and I were in the park surveying, we stopped to look at some statue that was written in Japanese. Right as we turn around Stoyane is walking up to us. We began to walk around with him and talk about life, the church, the Book of Mormon and just asking questions about his life. He can understand english but when it comes to speaking it hes not so good so I would speak in english and he would answer in Bulgarian and sometimes in english. He is an AWESOME guy. Hes looking for the truth and wants to find God. He told us he was athiest but we ended up talking for 3 hours!! It was SO good though. I told him we had something for him and gave him a Book of Mormon. He accepted it and was very excited to read it. We invited him to church and he CAME! He showed up and was excited to ask me his questions! He said he stopped reading at the part where Nephi was building a ship. Hes AWESOME! He even shaved for church! When you feel good inside, you want your inner self to feel good. Ya? We set up to have another appointment with him that same day and the elders came. We taught the first lesson. It was kind of discouraging because the lesson was completely bulgarian so I felt like I had no idea what was going on even though I was listening for key words. It was a really good lesson though. Stoyane said the closing prayer and committed to the second lesson. Hes excited! Im excited!

Another investigator came to church yesterday as well! Margarita. Her and I talked some and I actually understood everything she was saying to me, without Killian being there! It was sooo cool. FINALLY! I can get to know people and not feel so out of the loop hehe. She asked ME for a Book of Mormon so I gave her one and then she invited Sister Killian and I over for DINNER! MY FIRST D.A! Hahahaha. We learned about family home evening in RS and she said she wanted to have dinner and then family night with us!!! :D:D:D:D!!! That is AWESOME. Shes not even a member and shes applying it to her life. She lives alone and her son is in Germany living so I can see how she wants some company. She is really cool too!!

I love how ALL the success comes RIGHT before next transfer. Im 99% sure Im leaving Plovdiv and I am sad to leave these 2 people behind. *Sighs* Pray for them!

All 6 of us missionaries with some investigators and people from church went bowling saturday night for Yvonnes birthday. It was SOO FUN. I have 5 leb to my name so Davis and I made a bet that if he lost the first game and I won, I got 5 leb from him but if I lost and he won, he got all my money. I won the first game and won his money. We betted again the second game..I lost the 5 leb I had just made. Im pretty sure we were gambling lolol but...it made the game much more fun and we ended up with what we started with so...we didnt lose or gain anything hahahaha. I bowled a 113 *brushes shoulder off* I think thats pretty good for me hahaha. I felt like a normal person which made me homesick. it was hard to get back into my skirt and go back to work..I wanted to party it up. Im ok now though hehe.

Well all, have a good week and pray for Stoyane and Margarita! I love you all!

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment