Monday, April 18, 2011

Email: April 11th

Hiii!! DUDE - This transfer has been AMAZING so far. I cannot believe it. I am now in Ctara Zagora serving with a lovely girl named Brittany Rogers. She is 22 and is from St. George, Utah. She is the eldest and her parents are divorced. She comes from a rough background but she is an awesome girl with a firm testimony. You all remember my last email..I was afraid of having troubles with her because of things I had heard in the mission but oh my goodness. I have learned my lesson. Never judge people you dont know. Sister Rogers is nothing like what Ive heard. We laugh CONSTANTLY. I feel like Sister Rogers and I are are more like best friends than missionaries...sometimes Im not sure if thats a good or bad thing lol. We dance around in our living room, we dance while walking, we giggle about silly things, we work together in language study by making up silly meanings to remember certain words and we are constantly happy. Seriously. I have never laughed so much in such a short amount of time. I love Rogers. It hasnt even been a week yet and I love her to death and I dont want to get transferred from her. Its a true story. She is a good missionary and next transfer she will be dying. I am sad but I am going to live this transfer up! We already have, like, 12 inside jokes hahaha. One of them being.. "Was that a fat joke?" Hahahaha. Everytime were around the elders or something...the elders will be saying something and Rogers will cock her head and say, "Was that a fat joke?" It totally throws them off and we just laaaaaugh. Its good to have fun, ya? Hahaha. Unfortunately due to the laws here in Ctara Zagora, we are not allowed to streetboard anywhere EXCEPT for 2 parks. One park is always empty and the other park is, literally, a prostitute park. Since the prostitute park actually has people we go there and streetboard. Sometimes when people arent around to talk to we watch whats going on in the park. Its sad really. We stand and watch the pimp walk around the park monitoring all of his girls. The girls just rotate benches every so often and are not allowed out of the pimps sight. The pimp wont get near us or talk to us and hes not big at all so I never feel like Im in danger. But..its pretty crazy. I love Bulgaria..lol.. I am in charge of teaching 3rd level english here all by myself! I LOVE IT! Its so much better than teaching level 1. Why? Because all my students in 3rd level can speak english hahaha. I make them read, ask questions and have conversations with each other. They just love it. I have them read stories out of the book, "Our Heritage" which talks about the early LDS pioneers and the things they went through. I love iiittt. Hahaha. Its so awesome. Preaching the gospel through english! President and Sister Roth took us out to dinner the other night with the Elders. IT WAS NICE. I just want to tell you something. President is LOADED. He owns a castle back in Austria. Uh ya. Anyways, I asked him if I was allowed to get a salad and a main dish. He looked at me and told me to get ANYTHING and EVERYTHING I desired. He was encouraging the elders to get the most expensive stuff on the menu hahaha. It was nice to be fed! I love the Roths. Yesterday Rogers and I went up to a city called Veliko Turnafo. If anyone has seen the movie New Moon, remember when Bella is running to save Edward from killing himself up at the Vatican at the end of the movie? Its a beautiful city, right? Well thats exactly what Veliko looks like and I have completely fallen in love with the city. We had church with 3 people and went and visited a girl who isnt a member but wants to be. Rogers and I then went over to the Bullmans and had lunch. The Bullmans are this irish couple who live here in Bulgaria...Im not sure why you would pick Bulgaria but..ya lol. Afterwards we caught a communist train back to Ctara Zagora and I loved EVERY MINUTE OF IT. TRAINS ARE SO MUCH FUN! It was a nice commy train too! We got to sit in a little cabin and my face was lit up like a child at christmas the entire time, Im sure. Rogers was just laughing at me. But seriously, it was awesome. I highly recommend riding a communist train if you ever come to Bulgaria anyone! Well thats all for now from crazy Bulgaria. Everyday is an adventure. I love you all! -Sister Kinkead

1 comment:

  1. Autumn again. Such awesome adventures! Your president and companion sound great. Commy stuff-eww, creepy. But glad its a thing of the past. Fun to teach English!

    ReplyDelete