Monday, April 4, 2011

Email: April 4th

Hey hey hey.

Transfers came. I will be going to Ctar Zagora with Sister Rogers. Im not sure how I feel about it. Im not excited the least bit to tell you the truth. Why? Because Sister Rogers has a really bad name in the mission. Everyone I have met have only talked bad about her. She seems very trunky and bunk *Bunk - Doesnt work* I felt sick to my stomach when President Roth called me and told me that. Sister Killian had her as a companion right before me and told me all kinds of stuff...... Pray for me. I know its the Lords will but.....yaaa. I'll just go in with a positive mind and try to ignore everything Ive heard. Sister Pantigoso called me and coached me. She told me that I was a strong person and that I could do it. I think its cute that she was worried about me so she called to lift me up. I love that girl. I'll be fine...I just dont know how much we'll work....

In other news, Ive made so many memories in the past week. Killian and I continue to work with Stoyane. We took him out for lunch the other day and went up to Olde Town with him. He is such a cool guy, I definitely have a connection with him. Come to find out, he has killed 3 people. Lol. Or at least thats what the Elders said he said in one of our lessons. Hes definitely changed though. I saw pictures of him when he was my age. He was one of those hippy woodstock kids. Crazy Stoyane lol. He came to General conference yesterday, which by the way, I could not understand. I am so jealous of all of you who got to sit there for 4 hours and actually understand. I sat for 4 hours and read last years conference lol. It kind of made me miss home but not too much. I just miss being in my pajamas watching conference on the computer with my family. I miss sunday dinners, I miss sunday naps, I miss sunday cookies and games. *Sigh* lol.

Stoyane gave me a plastic toy soldier on a horse. Its small like those plastic army guys but he told me his was from a "collection" hehe. He gave it to me and told me that its to remember him. It touched my heart. We met him later that day to read the BOM and we gave him a picture of Killian and I so he can remember us. We read out of the BOM and talked about how we can apply it to our life. He still has his guard up, he said that hes still athiest but I know he felt the spirit in our lesson but hes fighting it. We sang, "How Great Thou Art" for him and the spirit was soooooo strong. Stoyane seemed a little frazzled afterwards. I asked him what he was feeling and he couldnt really give me an answer. I know it was the spirit. Hes fighting it. I think what Stoyane has done is bury his emotions so he doesnt "Feel" so whenever emotions come up to the surface, he starts to freak out.

It was really hard to say goodbye to Stoyane. I cried and hugged him. We swapped emails and what not so we can stay in touch with him. Pray for him. Hes AWESOME.

Last saturday Killian and I went out to Yvonnes village to teach his relatives. We had a great lesson with 2 of his aunt and uncles and then we went and played soccer with his cousins. It was SOOOO fun. All these gypsy kids started to show up to watch. I got pictures of our little audience hahaha. Some of them came to play, it was sooo fun! I DID play in a skirt but I rocked it out. Clavee, one of Yvonnes cousins, kept calling me "Beckham" Hahaha. I have played soccer with europeans! Soo cool hehehe.

Funny story of the week - Killian and I had a "Boza challenge" Boza is this NASTY THICK drink here that Bulgarians seem to love. It smells like bitter baked beans with taco seasoning and its really seedy. Elder Myrick, Bennett and Jones recorded us seeing who could drink the boza the fastest. Killian was killing me! I started to chug it and my throat kept gagging it up. It was NASTYYYYYY. I kept going though because I wanted to beat Killian...however, I kept chugging and then threw it alllll up. HAHA. Its ALL on my camera. I'll have to show you it when I get home hahaha. Good times.

Theres more that happened this week but I cant get to everything so Ill just cut the email here. Next time I email..I will be in Ctarz. PRAY FOR ME hahaha. I love you all!

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment