Monday, April 18, 2011

Email: April 18th

Hiiii! So I only have a few things to write about because they were the only epic things that happened this week. 1 - I went to Booclooja this last p-day. Booclooja is the communist capitol building here. Its hid up in the mountains and has been abandoned for 21 years. Its CREEEEEEP. Its where all the commy leaders would gather to rally around and...Im pretty sure, do evil things. I felt evil. Rogers and I went up there and we had to walk up the long commy driveway to get up there. I was freaking out! The front doors are locked up but you can sneak in through a broken window. I had Rogers talk me through it because seriously...we are up in the mountains alone..at BOOCLOOJA! *Wiki or google it!* She kept telling me that I could do this, and honestly, I had too! Its a once in a life time thing to go and see this place. So we climb through a window into the main floor in darkness. *Shudders* But it was WAY COOL. We went upstairs and saw the main part of it..the room where all the leaders would sit around and discuss communism and how great it was. They had the faces of Stalin, Lenin and Marx and then the 3 faces of the bulgarian communist leaders. I got a ton of pics and I got a part of Stalins face :O hahahaha. I loved it. It was CREEP though. Oh man. Rogers wanted to go in the basement but Ive heard stories and I said I couldnt do it lol. Oooh man. Its the most epic place. It has SUCH a great view and the building is in a form of a spaceship so I felt like I was in Star Trek or Star Wars lol. 2 - Someone called the police on Sister Rogers and I. We were out at the center trying to streetboard. Some people from the city hall came and flashed their badges at us, yelling at us. Sister Rogers just TOTALLY tells them off. They are getting up in my face saying, "Do you understand me?!" I look at them and say in ENGLISH, "NO. I dont. I speak English." Hehehehe. They backed off. Of course they called the police on us and the police came and made us take our stuff down. Sister Rogers is ticked. She looks at the city hall people and the police and says, "I thought communism was over?!" HAHAHA. Oh man. Oh Rogers....gotta love her boldness. 3 - We went to Veliko Turnovo! I LOVE that place. We went by train again...so great. We have a girl investigator there who is russian. Very much so by her appearance. Before we could even teach her she told us that she wanted to be BAPTIZED!!! Were going back this week to teach her the first lesson! I might have a baptism this transfer! w00t w00t! The Elders are still meeting with Stoyane back in Plovdiv. Bless his heart...he emails me and writes me letters. I love him :) Elder Bryce Blackman sent me a package!! All the elders in Sofia were texting me. "Kinkead! You got a fatty package from your man!" Hahahaha! Heck ya!! :D Life is good here in Bulgaria! I love you. Seriously. Have a good week! -Sister Kinkead

1 comment:

  1. Autumn, not Jake here. Wow!! Fun adventure! I love picturing you going through the window!! Sounds like a blast.

    ReplyDelete