Thursday, September 1, 2011

Email: August 30th

Hey hey hey,

Bulgaria is still hot as ever. Freak. I dont know how much longer I can take of the hot weather. The leaves have began to fall so I know Autumn is around the corner. Hopefully lol. Ive been hearing a lot about New York, Washington and California from bulgarians. Apparently a huge tornado? Whats going on over there? Hopefully everyone is safe.

Rosen is getting baptized this week on saturday! My first baptism! Im really excited and so is he. He is definitely one of those choice spirits and my heart aches for him because I know life is rough for him. But...it can be rough for everyone at some point or another but ya... Pray that he will continue to hold strong and not fall back into smoking or drinking. We played a game with this week where we blind folded him and made him walk around the room with all kinds of obstacles in the way. He didnt like it. He kept bumping into everything and getting frustrated. We did it again but the second time Sister Loss guided him by whispering which way he needed to go. We then gave a lesson about how the Holy Ghost works in our lives and how life can be so much harder when we dont have it. We have no direction. He thinks Satan will get off his back after his baptism but we keep telling him that Satan will just work even harder on him. He has no idea lol. Hes an awesome guy though. Love him.

This past week Ive been praying and pondering about new finding tools. Im getting burnt out with tracting, streetboarding and superman contacting (which means, we go up to people and just start talking to them, gah I get uncomfortable with that still). 3 ideas came to mind. One - make posters and stick them up everywhere in town with our numbers on it. Two - Stick advertisements in random mailboxes where ever we go. And thirdly - take our personal dvd player out and play the dvd, "Finding Happiness". Im sure that'll grab attention. Bulgarians always want to know whats going on lol. We've already posted up posters and put advertisements in mailboxes. We'll see if anyone calls us. *Crosses fingers*

Sister Loss is letting me guide the lessons now and take control of the whole thing. She is pushing me to grow up more as a missionary lol. I dont mind though, I need the pushing. I get too uncomfortable or hesitant to really say anything if Im not pushed or if I dont feel like I have anything to say. I need to get past that. The language continues to grow and Im finding Im starting to get better with understanding more. People at home are probably thinking, "Why hasnt she got the language down yet?" LOL. Its Bulgarian ok? And plus...any language takes time. Dont judge me!! Im trying!

Loss and I were going home the other night and we were outside the Sofia Soccer Stadium waiting for our bus. A HUGE game was going on. People clapping, cheering and yelling out. Apparently Romania came to visit and play against Bulgaria. 45,000 people were there. I got so excited just standing outside the stadium. I asked Loss if we could go in and contact but it was a no. It was only a joke anyway hahaha.

Well! Thats about it. I love you all and miss you!!! Have a good week.

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment