Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Email: September 5th

здраве всички! как сте вие?

Rosen had his baptism this week! Unfortunately, a lot of members were out of town due to a young single adult conference near Veliko Turnovo buuuuuut all 10 of us Sofia missionaries were there for it haha. Only 3 members showed up. I think Rosen liked it better that way though. He was already really nervous about the whole thing. It was really cute. He brought a humungous (? Im forgetting to spell in english, freak.) pizza because he wanted pizza for his refreshment hahaha. Its funny how bulgarians work, they bring stuff for their own things. Same with their birthdays. If its their birthday, they bring candy for everyone else and dont expect anything lol weird. Anyways, it was a good baptismal service. Loss and I thought that something was going to go wrong but nothing did. However, right after the baptism, when we were cleaning up the dishes from the refreshment table, Sister Loss broke one of the glass platters and sliced her finger open. Yaaaaaaaa. Lol. We had to take her to the hospital which was a nightmare. We got in to see the nurse and they said that they wanted to give her stitches. I told her no and she agreed because they hadnt even cleaned up from their last patient. Dried blood on the equipment table and trash everywhere. Some of their stuff was from the early 1900s too....*shudders* We got out of there. Afterwards, we had lunch with Rosen at a chinese restaurant which was really good. He told me that he had a question to ask me but couldnt at the moment. I asked him if he would tell me the next day and he laughed. He told me that he would have to wait and ask me and that it would be a long time from now. I got to thinking...Uuuuuh oooooh. I think our new convert/old investigator wants to ask me for my hand in marriage. Uh no lol. Im not sure how he can even think I would give him a chance...sorry but seriously lol. Hopefully he never asks lol.

Lately in our lessons Sister Loss and I have been doing object lessons. It makes a lesson so much more fun when you really get their attention. Everyone should check out www.mormonshare.com it has all kinds of ideas and fun things for lessons for church and what not. Its where I get all my object lesson ideas from haha!

Anneta, a less active were working with, never eats and were pretty sure she starves. For our next lesson were going over the commandment to fast. For our object lesson in that one, were going to make a huge feast for her. After 24 hrs of fasting we EAT! And then we will open the church kitchen door and feed her lots of good food! Im thinking corn on the cob. Ive been making that a lot lately. Mmm. Anyways, I know she'll love it. Shes eccentric but she has a really good heart and I love her.

The other day I got a called from Ivan from Plovdiv. Hes a member there that I worked with a lot. Hes the 20 yr old gypsy boy thats a member there. I couldnt take the call but I called him last night and he made me feel like a million dollars. He told me about how hes trying to become a missionary and about his girl problems. He asked me what he should do about his mission. Apparently, his branch president doesnt want him to go. He said to me, "Kinkate! What I do??" Members like him really look up to missionaries. I told him he should pray about it and then go to his branch president with his answer. I told him that he would have to put up a fight because Satan doesnt want him to go. He then said, "I know. I remember your testimony when you were here. You were so sincere. You had no way to pay but now you here in Bulgaria!! I know you so sincere, Sister Kinkate! I remember!" Awwwwwwww. Made me heart freakin melt! At least Ive done some good here in Bulgaria lol. Hes a really good kid and I think it would be good for him to be a missionary. Hes one of the few that I stay in contact with. Right before we hung up, he told me that he missed me, wanted me to call him more often and that he loved me. He makes me feel like Im a great missionary lol. I love that kid.

Soooo for my birthday....this little message goes out to my family. I want a video from each of my siblings and both of my parents compiled. I want a word or two from each one of you telling me whats up and how much you miss your sister hahaha ;) But really, it would be cool to have that for my birthday. Get some home lovin. Give it to Hillary and she can post it up on the blog so I can watch it. Get on it you guys! :P

Well...thats about it. Busy week, crazy week and Bulgaria's culture never seems to stop shocking me lol. Some lady the other day saw us in our apt entrance trying to get in and she yelled at us telling us that she was going to call the police. Loss looked at her and said, "Go for it" LOL. The women was just talk. The police cant do anything here lolol...

Anyways, have a good week! I love you all!

-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment