Saturday, February 25, 2012

Email: February 20th


Dear Family and friends,

I am in Blago!! This past week was full of moving, getting adjusted and figuring out what the elders left us here in Blagoevgrad to work with. It was quite the adventure getting here. Sister Tate and I met up in Sofia and caught a bus to Blagoevgrad. We arrived in this small bus station with little to nothing. We were handed our luggage from the bus and then were left to figure out how to get to our apartment when we've never even been there. We tried getting a taxi that would take all 4-5 suitcases in his little car. It didnt take too long, thank goodness. We found a man who, could somehow, shove all of our stuff in his car lol. We told him our address and he was unsure of where it was at. I looked at him and said, "Ya, same here" Lol. After 45 minutes of driving around, calling the elders and making stops to ask random bulgarians, we FINALLY got to our apt. Its soooo nice. Its a pretty new block and we have a 2-story apt!!! Its so sick. We have 2 bathrooms, a niiiice kitchen and all the space we could ask for. Sister Tate and I were giggling like little girls as we ventured around seeing what our apt was like haha.

The work we were left by the elders is...nothing. They had lots of 1st lessons but it never went anywhere. So...we have been doing a lot of finding this past week. I think I burnt Sister Tate out on tracting already lol. Ah well...its what we have to do as missionaries, you know? We "superman" contact in the mornings in center. We just walk and talk to people. Its been kind of successful. Theres an american university here so thats really cool. There a lot of people who can speak english.

Blagoevgrad is a very small city. It has like...2 buses. The number 2 and 3. Lol. But I like it. Tate and I were blessed to find everything mostly on our own since the elders arrived a few days later than us. The president of the branch found US on the street and showed us where the church was. It was weird how he approached us. He looked at us and then asked if we were missionaries. Ive only had this happen a small amount of times on my mission because no one wants to talk us. We said yes and then he laughed and said, "Well I am President Cvonko from the branch here!" Hahaha. It was a nice little surprise.

Sister Tate is a really cool girl. Shes 21 and from South Jordan, Utah. She is very girly girl and is always looking very cute as a sister missionary lol. Ive gotten to the point where I want to look good but at the same time..I dont care if Im not looking girly girly or anything...Im just a sister hahaha. I will soon be cute again! Lol.

Im hoping that as Sister Tate and I work hard we will be able to find the people who want to hear our message. President wrote me telling me that he has felt so inspired to send sisters here and that it will be such a good experience for sisters to be here. Im so grateful to be here and I feel very blessed from the Lord.

Well all, thats about it. Have a good week. I love you all!

-Sister Kinkead


No comments:

Post a Comment