Monday, February 13, 2012

Email: January 13th


Hey everyone!!!



So transfer calls were this past week!!! I was NOT expecting the call that I got. President Roth calls me and says, "Sister Kinkead! You will be serving with Sister Tate.......*a pause* and you will both be serving in...*another pause* Blagovgrad!!" I started freaking out!! I was jumping up and down and saying, "yes!! yes!!! Thanks President!" I was so excited because 1) I really wanted to go with Sister Tate 2) Its finally my time to shine and Im going senior companion and 3) I AM OPENING A NEW CITY FOR SISTERS!!!!!! There has NEVER been sisters in Blagovgrad. President has always talked about it but has never had the chance...now he does! And Tate and I will be doing it together! I am quite nervous but excited at the same time. The elders that are in that area with us wont be there the first couple of days so Tate and I will have to find our way around lol. It'll be an adventure but a good one at that. Im looking forward to a new change. I feel like Im finally hitting that point of my mission where Ive climbed the mountain and Im finally getting to the top. The beautiful top that everyone has been talking about. The view is great and you can just stand, take it all in and enjoy. The end of this next transfer will be in mid April and in May I will be coming home so...this next transfer will almost finish my mission and it will be a good one. Were going to work really hard but enjoy ourselves at the same time and not run around like chickens with no heads. Ive had companions like that....hehe. I love Varna but Im sick of the wind here. Brrr!!! It gets SO cold here. I hear Blagovgrad is a lot warmer. I also heard it has some ski resorts! That would be so cool if President would let us go skiing but Im 99.9% sure he wouldnt let us go lol. 



Fabio left this past week for Spain. We had a huge surprise goodbye party for him. We blind folded him, put him in a taxi and went to a nice restaurant where all the missionaries and some members were waiting for him. We unfolded his blindfold and he began to shed some tears. He really enjoyed his party and I know that he really felt the love that we have for him. Fabio has told us in the past that he cant cry anymore. hes gone through too many things that he has become numb to showing emotion but that night I saw him wipe away his tears and it really touched my heart. He sat beside me all night and was laughing and joking. Hes one of my favorites and I will never forget him. He signed in my memory book and told me that he hopes to see me again in this life...he says he has a good feeling we will cross paths again :) Love him. 



Our investigator Julian has been progressing very well! I dont know if Ive mentioned him or not but the elders were working with him before but they dropped him because he wasnt reading or praying. Julian came up to me on the street wanting to know more about the plan of salvation. I got his number, checked with the elders about teaching him and set up an appointment to meet with him. Since then, we've met with him 5 times and hes progressing SO FAST. He really thinks about everything we say and has so many good questions. Hes been reading his scriptures and praying!! I am so proud! He even came to church the other week. I have good feelings about him. 



We had mission tour this past week. It was......interesting. 



Anyway, thats all for now! I travel into Sofia tomorrow to grab my new companion and head down to the borders of Macedonia and Greece. Hahaha. Blagovgrad baby! Have a good week everyone!!



I love you!



-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment