Monday, February 13, 2012

Email: Monday February 6th


Dear family,



Another transfer is coming to a close. Time is flying and I am not complaining. We've had a lot of work this past week and will finish this next week up with a lot of work. I love it! Time goes so much faster when the there is work! Im looking forward to a new transfer. This transfer with Sister Pantigoso has been quite an interesting one. She is someone who is very blunt and isnt afraid to voice her opinion about you even if its not nice. I feel like Ive had to count to 100 sometimes instead of 10 with her. I love the girl but...its been trying. Im thinking next transfer I will be transferred back to Ctara Zagora ( I was there last year from April-May ) and maybe will serve with Sister Tate. I hope so...I hear Sister Tate is really fun. We shall see! 



This past week we met a lot of people who are interested in learning. Ive been making Sister Pantigoso tract even though she hasnt wanted to. She told me it was very ineffective and we would find a lot more people if we just walked up to people randomly on the street and just start a gospel conversation. Ehh. Anyway, we went tracting and found 2 people who were interested. One of them was a girl named Melena. She acted very enthusiastic about our message and told us to come back. She said she would be expecting us. I was floored. Ive never had that happen my whole entire mission!! Lol. She seems like shes 26 and she speaks perfect english. Its so awesome. We tracted into a younger man around 22-23 and listened to our message. He didnt seem too interested but he told us that we could come back and share more. We'll see. We tracted into another man who was from Louisiana. I asked him what he was doing here in Bulgaria and he told me it was none of my business. Rawr. Lol. He then told us he escaped from the states...He looked pretty sketch. We may have just tracted into a man who had killed someone and was hiding in some poor post-communism country Lol. It made for a good eye opener and laugh afterwards. 



Pantigoso and I were outside Mcdonalds last week waiting for a lesson. The church is kind of hidden so sometimes we meet at locations where people will know...aka Mcdonalds lol. Pantigoso thought she saw the man coming and she goes up to him and its not him... it was some other man...but this man starts talking to us in english. He tells us that hes from Germany and is a computer software engineer. We went into Mcdonalds and talked for a bit because our original lesson came late. The guy from Germany is named Wolfgang lol. We gave him our information and were hoping to meet with him this week for real. He doesnt have kids and I dont think hes married so I hope he doesnt have other intentions but we'll see. 



Fabio is leaving this week!!! I AM SO SAD. Hes my favorite here in Varna. Hes leaving for Spain and will be working there for some entertainment company. We set a baptismal date and will be giving all of his information over to the spain missionaries. Were not sure if he will go through with his baptism but we need some kind of motivation for him to drop his cigs and he has limited time to do so. Hes very excited about baptism and we've talked about it so many times that we know that HE knows its no game. Its serious business. Hes already finished the Book of Mormon and Pearl fo Great Price. Hes halfway through the Doctrine Covenants. He started and finished True to the Faith and has been reading all the general conference issues. Hes so freakin sick. He loves getting his hands on church material to read. 



Radka, a member here, invited all of us missionaries over to dinner at her house with Fabio and Vesko, another member here. It was SOOOOO fun. Fabio made lasagna for dinner for all of us. A real italian making me real italian food (Hes originally from Italy ) He was so proud. He told me that I need to tell everyone back home that he made me dinner haha. After dinner he was making fun of all of us missionaries with our little kinks and quirks. He got up and impersonated students from our english class and we were all just LAUGHING. I was laughing so hard that my stomach was hurting and I was getting sick hahaha. Its so good to have those times where you are just having lots of fun and you can relax for a moment. Fabio is great. He asked me when I was going home. I told him may. He was like, "Ok..Ill go with you and then we can get married." Lol! He calls me his wife sometimes. Hes so funny. 



We met with another one of our investigators this week, Giro. He came back telling us that he read some of the Book of Mormon but he just cant believe it. We sat down and tried to explain the book of mormon but he would keep coming up with questions and not letting us answer. I hate that. I finally looked at him and said, "If you ask a question, you need to let me answer it before you ask another one, ooook?" Ugh. We had all of the answers for him but he wouldnt seem to listen. He  says he wants to be happy and believe but he has no desire and he doesnt want to give the effort it takes to have happiness. We ended up telling him that were always here if he has interest and that was that. We tried. 



Mission Tour is this week on thursday. I hope its good...Im sure it will be. 



Well all, have a good week! I love you. 



-Sister Kinkead



P.S. - People have asked me. When is my release date? Its May 29th. Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment