Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Email: April 30th

Dear Family and Friends, Im settling into my new home - Ruse. This week was really busy. It kept me on my toes at all times and it feels like I JUST wrote an email to you guys. Wow. I mean, Im not complaining, I like when the time goes by fast but man.. its stressful all at the same time. Sister Bingham and I are starting to warm up to each other. We were laughing and giggling about her boyfriend while we were having our SECOND companionship study (We have 2 during training. one in the morning and one at night) It was fun to just let loose and have us both feel comfortable to just joke. Sister Bingham is such a quiet, reserved girl that I think she is starting to come out of her shell with me. Its fun to see. This past week we had many lessons, some contacting time in and a lot of time for my arms and shoulders to get sunburnt! Yay! Ruse is HEATING up. Almost 35 C here which is getting hot. I prepare all the lessons of course and give all the lessons. Sister Bingham sits there and at the end testifies. Im flying completely solo but Im getting used to it. Not only do I teach all our lessons, contact people on the street by myself, I now have to teach gospel principles next week and give a talk sometime in church. Im pretty sure Ill be doing Relief Society somewhere in there. *Takes a deep breath* I got this. Im being stretched. Im glad but... by the end of these 4 weeks? I will be ready to be done with responsibility and just worry about myself lol. I feel its all up to me to get our numbers, our lessons, our receives, etc etc. We had a lesson this past week with this man named Chris in the park. He speaks good english and talked for 1 1/2 about conspiracy theories and how mormons were wrong. He pulled scriptures from the bible telling me that we were wrong and that we were the false idols and the sheep in wolves clothing that had been prophesied of. He then went on about how we communicate with the dead and how that is evil. He brought up baptisms for the dead and went off on that. I sat there - patient and nice. However, when he started to get really riled up, I looked at him and said, "Chris. You. Dont. Know. So STOP." He was taken aback and at the moment I said, "You think were wrong but guess what? Every church thinks theyre right... and so do you but I respect your beliefs so respect mine." He then talked about how he was worried about my salvation. I told him I was worried about his and then got up from the bench we were sitting at in the park. He told me to be safe and I told him to be safe too. Lol. I know we are supposed to be humble servants but.. I will not allow someone to completely bash me and get away with it. No. I will stand up for what I believe because I know its TRUTH. He wants to meet again and show us a documentary. I told him, "Chris, we will not be meeting again. I will use my time trying to find someone who DOES want to listen to my message and not waste my time with you." Lol. Ouch. Ya.. I was on one. We've been working with 2 women. Sabina and Stefi. They are new converts and its been fun to teach both of them. Sabina is in her 40s and has lived a hard life of drugs and partying. She has really cleaned up and its so amazing to see how much she loves the gospel. Stefi is 15 and LOVES the gospel. We try to see her often because all of her friends at school have ditched her and its been really hard for her. But shes a strong girl! We love her :) There is a member here named Eyri. Ugh. Hes bad news. Hes 23 and speaks perfect english. He looks just like AND acts just like, Bryce. Ya... I havent brought that name up in... a long time but ya. Its really hard being around this member. I get so uncomfortable. More details to come... maybe when Im home. Im in Sofia right now for a sisters conference. We are having 3 days of having fun and doing little workshops with President and Sister Roth. Im loving my life being around all my best buds such as, Sister Tate, Sister Meyers and Sister Child. GAH! I have MISSED them. The missionaries really do become your family. They have been the ones Ive really grown close with. I just want to bear testimony that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. Without the gospel in our lives - we cannot have true, long-lasting happiness. The Lord lives and so does his son, Jesus Christ. They know us, they know our names, they our problems, worries, concerns and they are waiting to help us as we seek them out. I know that the Book of Mormon is TRUTH! I testify that it IS another testament of Jesus Christ and the only way we can know if it is true is if we actually read, ponder and pray. God is a god of Order, he doesnt want us to be confused. He wants us to be happy. Im grateful for the many blessings I receive each day from him and the love I feel from him. The gospel is TRUE. Have a good week all. I love you. Remember you are in charge of your actions, happiness and life. -Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment