Friday, May 25, 2012

Email: May 7th


Dear Family,



Things over here are just SOARING. Time just doesnt seem to stop and Im loving it! Things were a biiiit slower in Blago but here in Ruse there is so much work and no time for it. It is definitely a great way to end my mission. This past week we didnt have too much time to work because for half of the week we went up and spent in Sofia for Sisters Conference. It was sooooooo fun. I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I, of course, was the one who was running around, laughing and talking up a storm. Im quite the fiesty one out of the sisters here hahaha. Im going to miss em all.



We met with Sabina this past week. Im not going to lie, she really intimidated me at first when we started meeting with her but she has really warmed up to me and Sister Bingham. Sabina and I talked for a good 30 minutes before we even started the lesson. I was literally cracking up laughing. She was going on about finding me a husband after the mission. That topic seems to be the "hott" topic right now. Ah geeze. It was funny though. I have really made a connection with her and I love that! Its definitely hard making a connection in bulgarian but Ive done it!



We also met up with Stefi. Shes doing well. Her and I have just clicked! She doesnt speak english so therefore our conversations in lessons and out of lessons are all in bulgarian. Somehow, Im just rambling away in bulgarian to her. Its so crazy. I remember the days where I felt like I would never be able to express myself and here I am just babbling away about whatever in bulgarian. Sometimes after our lessons, I'll begin speaking in bulgarian to Bingham and then I catch myself and say, "Oh... Stefi is gone.. we can switch back to english" Lol.



Im not saying Im perfect at the language, HAHA. I am faaaaar from that but.. at least Im at a point where I feel comfortable and I dont freak out when a bulgarian speaks to me.



I taught gospel principles yesterday and Im going to be giving a talk on sunday about repentance. Should be good. Sister Bingham will be teaching gospel principles this week as a greenie. I think it will be good for her. She is so shy and its really hindering her from learning. She wouldnt approach people on the street for the first week. Sooo.. I made a rule that she has to talk to someone before I can talk to someone. It really pushes her and its good for her. Im kind of a strict mom but she is someone who needs to be slightly pushed. We were ordering at a restaurant the other day and she attempted to order in english. I stopped her and told her she had to order in bulgarian. The waitor looked at me and said, "I know english.." Im like, "I know but she needs to practice..." lol. It sounds harsh but I remember that my trainer made me order all by myself and figure things out on my own a lot of the time. I learned quickly how to do approaches and how to order by the first week. Its good to be stretched. Ive been stretched my whole entire mission lol.



So.. skype - I will be skyping home on Saturday the 12th. I will be on skype 7 pm MY TIME and 12 PM OHIO TIME. Ok? So all of you need to be on skype at 12 pm your time. Its so weird... it feels like I just skyped with you all. Haha.



Diana, a lady I baptized in Varna, was here in Ruse this past weekend. She took Sister Bingham and I out for chinese and it was SO fun to see her! Shes like my bulgarian mom. I helped her get conference set up on her laptop so she could watch it in bulgarian. She handed me some MILKA chocolate (german chocolate thats my FAVORITE) because she knows how much I love chocolate lol. Shes such an awesome member. It was a good little visit.



Im doing pretty good myself. If anyone is wondering how Im doing. It isnt real to me that I will be on an airplane in 3 weeks. It feels like life will just continue on here in Bulgaria. I think I will have a hard time adjusting back to real life... I will probably be a little weird lol. Ah well.



We continue to stay busy! I love you all.



See you all in.. 3 weeks! Ahh!



-Sister Kinkead

No comments:

Post a Comment